Sign in to follow this  
QuickSplice

Mouse Unusable in Menu / User Interface

I am using a Microsoft Wireless 5000 mouse and a Logitech Keyboard. My Logitech Attack 3 joystick is unplugged.

(The game opens up fine after updating my Nividia 560ti drivers btw)

My mouse arrow shows up on the menu but I am unable to click ANY of the buttons. To navigate the menu I have to use my arrow buttons on the keyboard or the TAB key.

I can access the single player games and multiplayer with much difficulty. I notice when the MAP screen loads the map pulls down and right hard. Once in game though the mouse functions normally, I can click shoot, aim etc.

It just seems to be that the mouse will not work at all with the User Interface of the game. Please patch this, or someone please tell me what's wrong. Is it Steam that's screwing up the mouse?

Thank you!

- QuickSplice

Edited by QuickSplice

More amplyfing information:

My nVidia cards (two 560ti on SLI) have two monitors attached to the computer. But the game is opening in Full Screen on my main montior... so is there a video issue with the overlay of the buttons of the menu? I've seen this reported in the feedback.arma3.com

Hey this sound like what i had yesterday.

I was playing around with the resolution settings, without restarting.

Suddenly i couldnt click any buttons, but i noted that when i moved my mouse up, a tooltip on the button popped up.

Keyboard worked fine, but wherever i aimed with mouse, i cant click the stuff i want.

I noted that the real 'location' of the mousepointer, was way below the actual mousepointer on screen.

In my case i did a autodetect quality settings, and then it was gone

Try: Set your video resolution to a different setting (in my case, lower resolution) , and after that i pressed autodetect quality settings.

BTW: i have an ati 5700HD with 2 monitors.

Thanks.

I'll try the Auto Detect again when I get home. It was stuck at 800x600 for the longest time. Auto Detect caused it to switch to desktop and was unrecoverable with Alt+Tab. But was able to find the .cfg file in the Documents folder and edited the resolution. My monitor is 1440x900 but have the .cfg set to 1024x768.

Go to control panel go to display, do you have it set for easy reading 125% 150%? if so set it to 100%

FIXED!! If you run multiple monitors, remove the other monitors from your graphics card and only run ONE main monitor. Was able to use the Menu UI and change the graphics resolution.

Nvidia GTX 660ti,

I bought the game on steam and upon loading up it defaulted to some insanely low resolution.

My mouse was unusable in the menu and I was unable to select anything.

I have my fonts set to 150% in windows as I'm playing on a sharp 62" aquos.

Will try setting that back to default and change the default resolution via the config file.

Was so looking forward to getting a peek at what's to come for arma.

Was pretty bummed when I couldn't even play the menu let alone the game.

Here's hoping!