Sign in to follow this  
SoccerSpartan

ARMA 2: OA and ACR DLC - Failed to Contact Key Server (Steam)

I have Arma 2, OA, BAF, and PMC all installed on steam. They were all running fine until I purchased the ACR DLC also on steam. The DLC does not show up in my games libarary like BAF and PMC do, and now whenever I try to run OA (so I have all of my DLC available), an error pops up that says "Failed to Contact Key Server". Any one know what the problem could be? Thanks!

Im also having this problem, I hear that it is due to the lack of keys for the dlc on steams end and so activation cannot continue until more keys are acquired. Hopefully this happens soon!

The DLC does not show up in my games libarary like BAF and PMC do

ACR DLC should be in "View Downloadable Content".

ACR DLC should be in "View Downloadable Content".

Yes, I can see it in the DLC section of the OA properties. Still does not let me launch OA, however.

Have you tried launching OA without ACR outside of Steam? Might at least let you play OA until you resolve your issue. Just a guess, though.

we are looking into the ACR not installing issue, it seems to be somehow related to recent STEAM updates

(as the ACR installation was working fine prior / after release of ACR on STEAM)

we are looking into the ACR not installing issue, it seems to be somehow related to recent STEAM updates

(as the ACR installation was working fine prior / after release of ACR on STEAM)

Appreciate it!

Its fixed! It installed when I launched OA today and I can see ACR in my expansions list ingame (and under the DLC section of the OA properties). All the content is there as well. Thanks!

thanks for reporting the issue and confirming it's fixed :)

No, it does not work, I bought the dlc yesterday and I did not always, I had a dlc code after the transaction and steam it is said that the dlc is purchased ...

Furthermore I do not see the list of CAB extensions ...

belakor do you see the DLC key listed when you view OA game key (right menu on game in steam's games list) ?

if yes then you have ACR

make sure you started ARMA 2 (not OA) prior this once ...

the problem is failure to start the ACR installer with DLC data, please make sure you got NO commandline options in the properties used (don't start as windowed either and then try start e.g. BAF (before starting) OA if you have it) ...

Yes I have the cd key, thank you for responding so quickly!

then start by arma II, you mean start it? Because there is no extension section, this one appears only in OA

I start with light arma II, I turned off, and then arowhead DLC does not appear yet, I see the dlc private force, British Army ... but not the Czech army.

I have no mod installed and there is no command line properties.