Sign in to follow this  
sproyd

Steam vs BIS Store & Exclusivity - Explained

You dont know when it would be fixed if Steam didnt unload all the traffic from BI Store.

so? I would wait a week dude... I'm not in a rush... thats an alpha after all and I'd rather give the money to BI directly ... even they decided to go to Steam. And I have all the games and keys at one store. ;)

I only like Steam for one thing... they push Linux games a lot these days.

But majority of people wouldn't wait a week, i'm not sure what is your point really..

I find it confusing to have three different purchase options. Alpha, Digital Deluxe and Supporter Edition. So which is the best option? Or should I ask which one is what normally would be purchased? I assume it would be the Digital Deluxe. Correct?

All three of them get you the alpha, the beta and the full game release; buying Digital Deluxe Edition means that when the full game releases they'll also give you a download of the soundtrack, some digital maps, a digital "tactical guide" and Arma: Cold War Assault, while buying the Supporter Edition gets you those plus a Steam copy of Arma X: Anniversary Edition, a forums badge and access to any DLC (but not standalone expansions or sequels) without having to pay further.

so? I would wait a week dude... I'm not in a rush... thats an alpha after all and I'd rather give the money to BI directly ... even they decided to go to Steam.
Personally, I don't really care where it is sold, and who gets what % of my money. What I'm concerned with is the product and service provided. And I'm sorry to say, but I rather dislike Sprocket.

Alpha premiere came, and as was suspected BI store was down, so I bought version on Steam, and hour later was running it. Now let's go back in time 3 months. I was re-installing TKOH because of some of the files got corrupted. It turned out to be a day and a half long process, because of the Sprocket servers load, the download was so painfully slow, that I was actually considering buying that game second time on Steam - which runs smoothly, no matter if there's a big AAA title release, holiday sale, or end of the world. If from the day one - TKOH was available on Steam, I would buy it there. Distribution vise, Valve is making a better job, that's why they're getting my money.

PS. Gabe Newell was wealthy before Valve, Half-Life, and Steam. And I kind of like the guy, and he have some interesting ideas regarding the direction Steam is going, which are far removed from blood sucking corporation asset some see it on this forum.

From another post:

No, a non-Steam version won't happen.

I had zero problems with Steam so far. When the Alpha ends I intend to make a pool about it.

I will wait for the non-steam version or I won't buy. It is really that simple.

I'm happy that the other post has never had any issues. Maybe they should work for Microsoft and continue that line of thought.

I will never again use steam. It won't happen.

Just my two cents worth.

DM

I will wait for the non-steam version or I won't buy. It is really that simple.
Then you're not buying because there is no non-Steam version planned.