Sign in to follow this  
alexboy

VTOL (vertical lift off) help with scripting

i have got a futuristic Osprey, but i havent been able to make the plane take off vertically... i cant find where to find the information for what vtol =1 , =2, or =3 are meant to mean what the aircraft can do....

i have seen people say put vtol =3, but how will the aircraft know when the animation should happen for the aircraft to take a VTOL lift off... ?

If it is how you say it is, then i'd say try to carbon copy the V-22 Osprey's config that's already in-game, should give you no problem. (: (Or atleast minimal?)

what do you mean carbon copy? i been trying to find the mv22's config.bin and i cant find the real one with all the information in it... only one that has lil info in it and not the info needed like animations etc....

if you know how to find it could you tell me ? like when i open the ca.pbo i dont see scripts in the mv22 folder....

but people use this ==> \ca\air2\mv22\scripts/fold to fold the wings of the mv22....?

ya but the pho of MV22 has little if nothing written inside of it :/....

ya.. i did, i couldnt find any animation that related to the VTOL..... right now im trying to find out how to make the vtol animation i have to work with the actual VTOL script (when turned on... the plane goes up and down (the propellers turn upward), when turned off the plane goes forward (the propellers turn forward))

i want the animations to work like that... but for some reason i get 2 separate user actions... one for the arma script of like auto hover / vtol and the other for my animations.... i dont know how to combine them into one user action button

so when i click that user button the vtol take off/landing can happen and my animation for that action goes at the same time.. and

also for when i turn the vtol off, i want my animation for that to go with that at the same time too

========edit==============

after thinking and looking around i looked into the AV8b model in arma 1 sample models and then into the model.cfg and i found out that it uses source = "thrustVector"; and it works!!!!! so for any vtol animation you want to work with the auto-hover user action use this as your source

source = "thrustVector";

thanks everyone for their quick replies and help!

Edited by alexboy