Sign in to follow this  
fortun

Easiest way to Learn Scripting in Alpha?

Now with the start of the Alpha, im thinking about learning to do some scripts for the Editor. I have done Mission before in Arma 2, but i have never used any scripts or such because i don't know how to do it, and it seems very hard to learn. The only game i have done it in is OFP:DR with LUA Code, so i have some knowledge of it. But then, Arma 3 don't support Lua Code i suppose. But Lua Code was very easy and nice to learn though.

Any nice tips how i could learn scripting in Arma 3 Alpha now? Really want to do some nice missions i have in my head.

Lean to script with sqf in A2.

Sqf will still be in A3 with most of the syntax staying the same, there will be some new/updated commands but the vast majority will stay the same and you will use them the exact same way in A3 as you do now in A2.

As DNA said in another thread, java is planned at some point but won't be in the alpha.

Now with the start of the Alpha, im thinking about learning to do some scripts for the Editor. I have done Mission before in Arma 2, but i have never used any scripts or such because i don't know how to do it, and it seems very hard to learn. The only game i have done it in is OFP:DR with LUA Code, so i have some knowledge of it. But then, Arma 3 don't support Lua Code i suppose. But Lua Code was very easy and nice to learn though.

Any nice tips how i could learn scripting in Arma 3 Alpha now? Really want to do some nice missions i have in my head.

Try these links:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=4847

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13109

If you already know about these two manuals, then ignore. :p