Sign in to follow this  
memphisbelle

Weaponbox signs by MemphisBelle

Hey guys,

I have created a little addon to place signs with certain weapon descriptions next to Weapon boxes in order to separate them better from each other and to make it easier to find stuff. Sometimes there´s just one box with everythings in and sometimes there´re a bunch of boxes and the player has to run from crate to crate to get its stuff and usually got the wrong box...thats why I created this addon.

I actually made this addon for myself and my friends. But I thought it would´nt be a bad

thing to share it with the community.

The signs itself are separated in actually 2 signs. The first one is a usual sign sitting on a stake, while the other is a board with an image and a description (which is my own hand script^^).

According to general crate content representation, I know that there´re further opportunities like scripts and such, but I thought signs are somewhat a cool idea.

That´s how it looks like ingame (click the images to enlarge)

dje3tcik.jpg

gxaxcxl9.jpg

**What does this package include?**

This addon includes signs for following weapons and equipment:

Ammunition

Anti Tank

Backpacks

Explosives

First aid Stuff

Mixed Hand Weapons (For mixed Rifle-, Sniper Rifle- and Machine Gun boxes)

Items

MG (for dedicated MG boxes)

Pistols

Radios

Rifles (for dedicated Rifle boxes)

(Sling) Ropes

Sniper Rifles (for dedicated SR boxes)

Static launcher

This package also includes an example Mission with some template Boxes and respective signs. This is only an example that's why there's no description and stuff.

**How to install?**

This package comes with a prepared Modfolder. The pbo file is stored in the needed Addons Folder in order to become recognized by a possible launcher. If you´re using a shortcut instead of a launcher simply complete your line of addons with this: @Weaponsigns;

**how to use this addon?**

- Each class gets an individually placeable sign and board in the editor.

- the signs can be found in Empty > objects (signs) > respective sign or board

- My Weaponbox signs Addon is providing several languages as there are German and English. I can add some more languages on request

**keys included?**

yes

**Disclaimer** ***NEW***

Since there´s a script possibility around, to replace textures simply by using a script, so I "allow" Missionmakers to make use of the textures for there own MP or SP missions, as long as they agree with the following condition:

- Please take my name and the name of this Addon in the credits and set a reference to either this thread or the ArmAHolic page. Thats all.

I´ll extract the textures and will offer them as an individual package within the next days.

**Download**

Download

Have fun

Edited by MemphisBelle
  • Like 1

Nice release, thanks!

Additional Information:

Since there´s a script possibility around, to replace textures simply by using a script, so I "allow" Missionmakers to make use of the textures for there own MP or SP missions, as long as they agree with the following condition:

- Please take my name and the name of this Addon in the credits and set a reference to either this thread or the ArmAHolic page. Thats all.

I´ll offer the textures as an individual package within the next days.

The script to replace textures on objects:

_objectname setobjecttexture [0,"\pboname\texture.paa"]

also see here: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setObjectTexture

According the textures, I was buys at work and stuff, so expect the release of the textures tomorrow (Sunday at 08:00 pm GMT at the very latest...may be even earlier)

Published in spanish for the CAA News Team on the CAA forum.

thanks for spreading in your community

The promised isolated textures: Download

let me know whether it works or not and whether you prefer the addon or the script Version

regards Memphis