Sign in to follow this  
Dionysos

Another expansion or op.f2?

I don't know whether or not BIS should work on a direct sequel to Operation Flashpoint (Independence Lost as it's believed by some to be.) Perhaps yet another expansion, perhaps following the story of Lukin in Afghanistan and his demotion to private, or Victor Troska's previous experience of "war", "fighting [against] the Soviets".

On the otherhand some may argue that a Soviet based campaign would be better.

But yet another alternative is to fully exploit (and improve Flashpoint's brilliant engine. Only BIS can do this next stage, to deactivate the "water" from being a nice shiny blue kill-zone and turn it in "real" water. This would allow for swimming, diving, the usage of submarines and other such water-bourne vehicles, and serve to increase the distance between Op.F's genius and Hidden & Dangerous' unrealistic watery kill-zone. ( I mention H&D since it is the only Tactical shooter of this kind to employ water which kills at a touch.)

Flashpoint desperately needs a anti-personnel landmine carrying soldier.

Next Flashpoint should pursue better damage models, going towards the gore levels of H&D, Kingpin and S.O.F & 2. Hand grenades blow you to bits end of story. Landmines propel you 100ft into the air and leave your remains to shower down over a very large area. Shooting someone between the legs would make the drop their weapon and scream in agony.

Entry and exit holes in people and objects pending on exactly where they are shot is essential. I think bits of vehicle, glass and building should break off during explosions, EVERYTHING should be destructable.

Operation Flashpoint needs to encorporate a more user-friendly mission editor where you can manually choose in a box from a range of voices and you just type the words in the character speech box and in the game the characters just say what you have written. This would save people from messing around with external programmes, getting stuck and giving up.

I am sure melee weapons, such as knives could be added since sidearms were implemented in Resistance easy enough.

Perhaps the most drastic option for Op.F is to explore totally different era's, but through Offical Mods. An ancient mod would look brilliant with Romans, Greeks, Norse, Egyptian, Japanese, Persian, Babylonian civizations and campaigns of ancient world conquest and from mythological tales where monsters such as Cyclops, medusa and Fire-giants attack the player and he has to perform divine quests to appease the gods.

That's just one suggestion. They could also look at the Second World War, and all its many battles, offering daring commando missions and tense assasinations. etc.

Does any one know if Independence Lost is really Operation Flashpoint 2 or not?

Only respond if you have help and productive comments on what you think BIS should do next in their Operation FLashpoint series.

zverushka if that's all you can contribute, don't.

I like the idea of typing in what they say. There are programs that can do it (maybe not very good) so it is possible.

i would not buy the game if it had too much gore in it, but moderate gore is ok.

Hmm this is turning into a "What would you like to see in Opf2" thread, of which there already is one here smile.gif

Closing smile.gif

(Just copy and paste your posts into that thread if you wish to make your point again)