Sign in to follow this  
mycatsaid

ErrorMessage: File description.ext /CfgRadio/: Missing

Got this odd message when I try to run a LAN/Internet server on my computer.

Full log from RPT

=====================================================================
== F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe
== "F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe"  "-mod=F:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ArmA 2;EXPANSION;ca;BAF;PMC" -nosplash -world=none 
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2013/01/16 19:03:53
Current time:  2013/02/24 18:01:20

Version 1.62.95248
File description.ext, line 2: '.onLoadMission': Missing ';' at the end of line
File description.ext, line 1: '.onLoadMission': Missing ';' at the end of line
File description.ext, line 40: '.onLoadIntro': Missing ';' at the end of line
ErrorMessage: File description.ext, line 368: /CfgRadio/: Missing '}'

Crashes my game to the desktop as soon as I click ok and brings up a popup saying "ErrorMessage: File description.ext, line 368: /CfgRadio/: Missing '}'".

I can't understand why, I've tried with all my current mods, no mods, beta, no beta, verified my files on steam. Also just tried reinstalling the game. Nothing fixes it.

Anyone help with this?

Edited by mycatsaid

Description.ext is a mission file. What mission were you trying to start, does it happen with another (BI mission) aswell?

Myke;2302598']Description.ext is a mission file. What mission were you trying to start' date=' does it happen with another (BI mission) aswell?[/quote']

I don't get to start any mission. It's when I choose Lan or Internet it happens.

I tried removing all my custom map/missions ect and that didn't help.

I can't understand where this error is happening as it doesn't explain.

I don't get to start any mission. It's when I choose Lan or Internet it happens.

I tried removing all my custom map/missions ect and that didn't help.

I can't understand where this error is happening as it doesn't explain.

Heyhey

When you load up your "host" screen the game will automaticly load/read all your mission files.

if one of the mission files (.pbo) has a broken Description.ext it wont load and will produce this error.

I'd suggest to remove all your MP missions and retry one by one :)

Hope it helps!

Heyhey

When you load up your "host" screen the game will automaticly load/read all your mission files.

if one of the mission files (.pbo) has a broken Description.ext it wont load and will produce this error.

I'd suggest to remove all your MP missions and retry one by one :)

Hope it helps!

Hey that worked!

I didn't know it read the MPMission files (but thinking now it makes sense duh ha). I thought it was detecting my local missions but not the ones in the ArmA 2 folder.

I will have to go through and see which one is causing the error.

Worked it out. I had the FDF mod installed (Finnish Defence Force) It appears one of the maps included has an issue with it. Once I removed them maps from the MPMission folder it was fine again.

Thanks DjDaemonNL!

Edited by mycatsaid