Sign in to follow this  
krizz kaliko

Airstrikes and artillery

So I have a noobish question, to use artillery or airstrikes, do they have to be pre set or if the commander purchases an air base or artillery depot can you buy artillery/airstrikes to use? I have been trying to figure all this out and how to do some more advanced things, but i cannot seem to find a guide anywhere or any answers, please help.

hi, well it depends on the mission and how the creator uses scripts/modules.

In warfare for example you need to have something like MLRS for artillery orders.

In the campaign you can use the radio/communication menu for artillery orders.

The modules delivered by the game allow you that the shots come from real artilleries, or from virtual inexistent artilleries.

thanks snow, but how do i call airstrikes, in multiplayer lan warefare, do i need a mod? or is it simply buying a aircraft and then calling in the shots?

As SnowSky said, it's up to the mission designer -- theoretically for an airstrike when you're teaming with a player acting as an aircraft pilot and/gunner, you could simply try to tell the other player where your target is on the map and hope that they know how to aim and drop their munitions correctly. :p

As SnowSky said, it's up to the mission designer -- theoretically for an airstrike when you're teaming with a player acting as an aircraft pilot and/gunner, you could simply try to tell the other player where your target is on the map and hope that they know how to aim and drop their munitions correctly. :p

From what ive read though, its possible with an ai pilot right?

By using a laserdesignator, you can directly mark the enemy and when a friendly airplane with LGB comes in, it will attack the lasertarget. Same goes for human players, they can lock the lasertarget and drop their bombs off.

In warfare you cannot call Airstrikesupport by a external "supporter", so it needs to be a human player or atleast a friendly AI (but the plane has always to be payed).

In other missions like MSO you can also call in CAS (Close Air Support) at a specific location.

I didn't try it yet, but I guess, an AI A10 will spawn somewhere on the outside the map and fly to the location, flying above the area x minutes and engage at will or engage your laser targets.

An other way that should be always possible if you can get an Aircraft and AI, is ordering your AI to mount the plane (or buy plane with pilot), Select the unit, and give it the order to attack the target (or your laser target).

Depending on the aircraft, you need to have a laserdesignator. CCRP or CCIP do not exist in ArmA, so there aren't really "dumb" bombs. I don't know if I was playing with a mod once, but there it was possible to lock objects/vehicles, not only laser targets.

so for example, i buy the aircraft, i buy the laser, how do i set a "waypoint" to have the aircraft "attack" my target?

---------- Post added at 21:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

so for example, i buy the aircraft, i buy the laser, how do i set a "waypoint" to have the aircraft "attack" my target?

and how do you uild a place to build aircraft

****EDIT: Didn't see your second post about Warfare, so below is a example for Editor.****

As a example, I like to just play the game using the Editor, so read below

For ARTILLERY I don't know how to script or code so I downloaded this mod and the AI does it automatically!!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18355

Once again, I only play ARMA using the Editor, so for AIRSTRIKES I usually just have a squadron of planes with a waypoint set to Seek & Destroy over the area that I am fighting in and just let them do the bombing themselves lol.

If you REALLY want to call in airstrikes yourself, then...

1. go to Modules at the right of the screen (or you can push F7)

2. Double click on the map, and a box will appear on your screen.

3. Look at "UNIT" and scroll down that tab until you see SIMPLE SUPPORT MODULE

4. Click OK, place a unit down on the map and make him "Player" and hit preview.

5. When you're in the game, either push spacebar or hit 0 on your keyboard and go to COMMUNICATION

6. List of options will appear, pick Airstrike...

Edited by Leaulux

Ok so how do you create a warefare mission? like a simple one so that i can set up what i want and note have to put every unit in the game?