Sign in to follow this  
memphisbelle

Problem: Error Laoding ...p3d (Magic)

Hello,

sorry, I know that this Title (Magic) has been mentioned a few times in this forums. But those threads are a few till nearly 10 years old. And it seems that I have a different Problem with this (Magic) thing.

I am about to create an addon which is using the p3d model of an existing BI Addon from the misc.pbo. To be precise it is a sign that I wanted to create new with other symbols than Danger and what not.

So, I gathered the textures and re textured them to my purposes, I graped the p3d file and renamed it.

This is how the folder structure looks like:

- Parent Addonfolder
+ data folder (consists the textures and the icon folder)
+ the p3d file (sign_board_weapons.p3d)
+ the config.cpp

This is my config.cpp:

The displayNames are yet in German language, but as soon as I figured my issue I want to make them multilangauged

#define _ARMA_
//Class misc3 : config.bin{
class CfgPatches
{
class MEM_Weaponsigns
{
	units[] = {};
	weapons[] = {};
	requiredAddons[] = {};
};
};

class CfgVehicleClasses {

class signs 
{
	displayName = "$STR_DEF_CLASSES";
};
};

class CfgVehicles
{
class Thing;
class MEM_Sign_Weapons: Thing
{
	scope = 2;
	icon = "\mem_weaponsigns\data\icons\i_rifles_ca.paa";
	model = "\mem_weaponsigns\signmem_board_weapons.p3d";
	displayName = "$STR_SIGNS_RIFLES";
	vehicleClass = "signs";
	hiddenSelections[] = {"board"};
	hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"\mem_weaponsigns\data\signmem_board_rifles_co.paa"};
};
};
//};

Always by trying the new sign ingame I get this Errormesage:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/user/130217/ytbc2cqx.png (144 kB)

The thing is that I have unPBOed a few other Addons to compare the Structure and the config with my one and trying to figure what I made wrong, But I somehow cant find any mistakes anymore and start running out of ideas.

So I hope that someone can help me to find my mistakes I made.

Thanks in advance

Memphis

Edited by MemphisBelle

I got fixed it by my own.

It was the path and the fact that I used BinPbo to make it a pbo file.

So I adjusted the pathes and created the PBO with kegeteys cpbo toll...But I try to adjust this to use eliteness for the packing part

With binPBO´s standard packing settings you double-binarized the already binarized model .p3d, which leads to the magic stuff.

(i think. it was a big issue when ArmA1 came out and most guys worked on binarized original models :D)

Adding *.p3d to binPBO/options/"List of files to copy directly" should get rid of this.

gawd damnit!!

you´re right...I totally forgot about these parameters to copy p3d directly..thanks so much for this advice

With binPBO´s standard packing settings you double-binarized the already binarized model .p3d, which leads to the magic stuff.

(i think. it was a big issue when ArmA1 came out and most guys worked on binarized original models :D)

Adding *.p3d to binPBO/options/"List of files to copy directly" should get rid of this.

OK, I tried, but it doesnt work nonetheless...it seems that binpbo is not recognizing the new added *.p3d option. It keeps causing the (Magic) error.

By using cpbo, or disabling binarize in binpbo, everythings is fine...strange

Hmm, i had doubts because there´s this "it wont work for .bin files" in the back of my head, just wasn´t sure if p3d was affected aswell :(