Sign in to follow this  
memphisbelle

Addon stringtables

Hello,

I want to ask whether someone is so kind to tell me where I can find the stringtables which defines the misc stuff and all the stuff that can be placed in the editor.

I am looking for a certain String for a sign. I have really looked everywhere and unPBOed any possible pbo file...but I haven´t found it yet.

The String I am looking for is this:

$STR_DN_SIGN_DANGER

It is defined in the misc3.pbo config.cpp, but theres no stringtable...so please guys...where can I finds that one in order to change the description name?

Thanks in advance

Memphis

when you extract everything search for "stringtable.xml" I want to say that's in the languages pbo but can't remember offhand. But when you extract everything you'll have those XML files which is where the strings are stored.

I have searched the DTA pbo files bin, core and langaugecore. The only stringtable.xml I found there has a size of 2MB, so my hopes were great to found what I was looking for. But I havent found anythings.

I was searching the stringtable.xml for Displaynames. So the original config entry is:

displayName = "$STR_DN_SIGN_DANGER";

Same for the icon name which defined as same as the Object itself.

I also have opened the CA.pbo (no stringtable at all), all the misc.pbo files (not stringtables as well), the ui.pbo (no stringtable), UIFonts.pbo (no stringtable)

I really have no Ideas anymore where to look...

Look in stringtable.xml under Language. You need to open it up as it seems you can't search inside an XML file unless its open.

<Key
       ID="str_dn_sign_danger">
       <German>Gefahr</German>
       <English>Danger</English>
       <Italian>Pericolo (radioattività)</Italian>
       <Spanish>Peligro</Spanish>
       <French>Danger</French>
       <Czech>NebezpeÄí!</Czech>
       <Russian>ОпаÑно (радиациÑ)</Russian>
       <Polish>Niebezpieczeństwo </Polish>
       <Hungarian>Veszély</Hungarian>
     </Key>

Look in stringtable.xml under Language. You need to open it up as it seems you can't search inside an XML file unless its open.

Thats weired, I was searching the stringtable by using Notepad++...seems I have made a mistake somewhere...thanks sonetheless.