Sign in to follow this  
kuunmies

Saving CTI-style mission

First sorry for asking this again, as I know this has been asked already by many. I already posted this same question on mission editing page, but I think I could get more answers here.

Me and my friends are playing warfare Benny's edition in tunngle network. I'm running dedicated server and playing the game in the same machine. Noob as I am I didn't have too much understanding for server.cfg and other files so I start the server with TA2DST and join my newly created server with admin password to be able to edit parameters. In vanilla versions I couldn't/didn't have knowledge to edit fast travel parameters so we switched to Benny's Edition. Everything else is fine except the save function that was working in vanilla version of the warfare missions. We usually don't play more than couple of hours and would like to continue playing where we left the last time. Now I'd need some advice how to get save working with Benny's edition, or if it's even possible? Persistent warfare isn't maybe the best option because I really have to shutdown my computer once in a while and so run down the server.

Only solution that seemed working was for linux server to kill the server process? Is there similar way for win7 server?

You could try MSO (Multi Session Operations). You can make a persistant database of your multiplayer server and it should keep everything even if you restart your machine.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?142683-Multi-Session-Operations-v4-5-released

You'd need some SQL knowledge though, but the mod author is very helpful in that thread.

Thanks for the reply! I already did some experiments with mysql-stuff but that was bit too confusing for me, Im afraid. I wish there would be a real PDB for dummies-tutorial starting from installing MySql etc. all the steps for getting it running alongside server.