Sign in to follow this  
A-SUICIDAL

Team kill Punish with Jail Cell (All Versions)

This is how the check crew and fix pilot score stuff should be for Arma 2...

// These are the air vehicles that have gunner and passenger seats. If Pilot is jailed it will move one of the crew into the pilot seat.

if ((_veh isKindOf "Ka52") OR (_veh isKindOf "Ka52Black") OR (_veh isKindOf "Mi24_P") OR (_veh isKindOf "Mi24_V") OR (_veh isKindOf "Mi17_rockets_RU") OR (_veh isKindOf "Su34")) then {
null = [_killer] execVM "jail\check_crew.sqf";
};

// This fixes the score of the pilot that was penalized by team killing gunners.

if ( (_veh isKindOf "Mi17_rockets_RU") && ((_killer == _veh turretUnit [0]) OR (_killer == _veh turretUnit [1])) ) then {
null = [_killer] execVM "jail\fix_pilot_score.sqf";
};

As for moving a crew member into the pilot seat, you don't want to use the Mi17_Ins or the Su25_Ins, because they are both Arrowhead vehicles and it won't work with the Su25_Ins anyway, because it only has 1 seat, so I removed both of those.

Only the Mi17_rockets_RU chopper gunners penalize the pilots score, the Ka52Black and Ka52 do not. You also had the su39, which is an Arrowhead Vehicle and it only has 1 seat, so there is no need for adding that either.

I updated your mission with the correct check system. I also update the objects used to make the jail cell so it should work for Arma 2 now.

Maybe I am wrong about the vehicles being for Arrowhead, but I thought that anything with an "_EP1" or "_INS" was specific to Arrowhead. Maybe somebody could let me know if I am wrong.

Edited by A-SUICIDAL

hi A-SUICIDAL can u make 1 demo mission for arma 2? because i dont undertsuant good english and i can't got it i spent a lot hours 1 foul day with many try in arma 2 with ur script but nothing work for me... i try the piratru version and same problem like my mission mission from this guy no work like mine... i am so mad with team killer because all the time my server have 15 20 players nice gaming for just deafult arma 2 without mods but if 1 or 2 team killers login in my server and i am afk for some minite team killers make my server emty in just 5 minite from 20 players so if ur team kill panishment work on arma 2 i put 1000 second panishe for sure :) i am waiting for ur answer and realy thanks for all ur work again ur script is top for me because arma need anti team kill and u make it with the funiest way ever i dont know if u can undertant my chinise english :P i test also the piratru mission sample from u but i cant open the mission because i got message u canot play edited mission because object plastic pole missing and this message coming because the arma 2 dont have this item in editor only ao have it

Edited by AnGeLo

The plastic pole is from the light that hangs in the jail cell. I will remove it. I didn't know that it wasn't an Arma 2 object. I will make a version for just Arma 2 and have it ready tomorrow. Your English is good :)

I rebuilt the jail cell for Arma 2. I replaced all of the Arrowhead objects with Arma 2 objects. The jail bars were a bit difficult to do since there are no Arma 2 objects that work well as bars, so I spawned a bunch of street lamps and then flipped them all upside down. I am still working on the rest of the "Arma 2 only" script, it should be ready later today.

http://www.odaly.com/files/a2/cell_1.jpg (290 kB)

http://www.odaly.com/files/a2/cell_2.jpg (285 kB)

http://www.odaly.com/files/a2/cell_3.jpg (230 kB)

http://www.odaly.com/files/a2/cell_4.jpg (309 kB)

http://www.odaly.com/files/a2/cell_5.jpg (257 kB)

Edited by A-SUICIDAL

Thanks to you A-SUICIDAL that you deal with this issue under Arma 2! I looked that you did, so responsible and doesn't go to prison. The message arrives that such fighter on a cauldron for firing on the, but doesn't go to prison. Now I swing Arofhead, what in the original to look that I passed or didn't complete.

And such question... This script works for all card or only at a certain marker? I think, it isn't bad that punishment would act only on a marker, for example - on base! And those who is at war in the cities don't need to be punished. War is war, and there everyone happens.

P.S. The picture is made ideally for prison!

Cool script Suicidal!

Just reading through your topic to see the progression and had a thought that may be worth messing with at some further point... Persistence. Maybe at some point you can tie your script into a database and put a timestamp for a player in the database along with their UID that way if they disconnect (any method) then if they come back.. it reapplies the prior jail time.

Structure could be like:

UID

TimeToServe

TimeServed

NumberOfTeamKills

That way you can calculate how much time they severed before disconnecting and also the number of times they teamkill which could be used in conjunction with a multiplier.

I.e.

First Team Kill:

5 Mins

Second:

5*2 Mins

Third:

5*3 Mins

Etc...

I think this suggestion is more geared towards MP rather than SP though.

P.s.... The comment about your friend / tester not enjoying not to be able to do anything in jail.... that's kinda the point... it's not supposed to be fun. ;-)

PiratRu, I understood what you meant by making it so player only get punished if they teamkill within a certain distance from a base marker, but unfortunately I did not implement that feature into the script, but I could try to add it to a future version of the punish script.

_Mofo_, I was going to implement additional time added per team kill, but this will not work well if you crash your chopper and accidentally kill 10 of your friends. You won't go to jail because you are dead, but the next time you team kill - you would wind up spending a very long time in jail. According to your math, if a player team kills 10 friends by accidentally crashing his/her chopper, that player would then spend 50 minutes in jail the next time they team kill, heh.

In my own personal opinion the jail time should never be no more than 5 minutes long. I'm planning to use a 2 or 3 minute timer in my own mission. Most team killing occurs at Base and 2 or 3 minutes is just enough time for the other players to do what they need to do at base and then head back to the battle area. For somebody that wants to use the punish script and set the jail timer to be more than 5 minutes, what will happen is... the jailed player will use Ctrl-Alt_Del and end task/proccess on his/her game and join a different server. You might think "good, let the team killer leave", but the team killer might have been a good friend that accidentally team killed and felt sorry for doing so - and yet he/she will still leave the server because sitting in jail for more than 5 minutes is just pointless. The team killer will obviously get the point "not to team kill" after spending 3 minutes in jail, 4 minutes would be pushing it, but 5 minutes is just pointless, and they will get extra pissed off that they cannot hit their "Escape" key and choose "Abort" or "Respawn" and when they finally decide to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del, they will most likely never join that server ever again.

I would suggest setting the timer to 4 minutes at most and see how it goes. Other forms of torture like playing the banana song or the Trololo song will also have players wanting to leave and never join the server ever again. If I had it my way, I would put a radio near the jail that plays good music and put a soccer ball in jail cell so they can kick it around and keep themselves busy - something to pass the time. Additional time added and torture music is just cruel. Trust me, I know, I've spent a lot of time in jail just testing the punish script - and I did try the Trololo song. It was funny - for the first minute or so, then it became absolute torture. If a player likes to team kill, and you torture that player, they will probably leave and comeback with a hack and take a big crap on the server. 4 minute timer, no torture music and things should work smoothly.

Edited by A-SUICIDAL

thanks so mach A-SUICIDAL i am really appreciated for ur fast respone and i wait like crazy for anti team kill arma 2 version...! and i dont know if u use the o.a editor in chernarus with objects from arma 2 becase i alredy try this way i chance the items in o.a for items arma 2 clasic and i load the mission as well in arma 2 but if i run the mission from arma 2 nothing work if i run the same map from o.a all work fine i dont know mach i am new in this world and very noob in script but i thing the problem coming from editor i thing u need to make edit all in arma 2 clasic editor and maybe somthing is not suported in arma 2 i meen the script maybe need somthing to chance u know scripting maybe i am wronk but this is my experience after many try in test ..i dont know if i chance 1 item if need chance somthing in the script to i have no idea about this.all my try fail i hope this king off script can work in arma 2 clasic sometime. in arma a.o work like a charm in my mission only if i choise more second from 120 like 190 or 200 sec after this no work so i stay tuned in 120 second is fine I'm very pleased with 120 both

Ahh... I had a feeling you'd say something like that. No worries... easy solution.

Dialog on spawn of the team killed person saying "punish / forgive". Problem solved. (see wasteland for an example) ;-) The idea is "anti" team kill... if a player is griefing other players... your script is an EXCELLENT way to punish the player in a means that allows them to serve time to resolve the issue with an elevating time interval as the deterrent and persistence to apply the punishment for griefing regardless of leaving the server.

However... it is your script and I'm only thinking of ways that it could be used to improve gameplay. Appreciate the response.

Your right. All games should have some sort of punish/forgive option. And the dialog wouldn't get in the way really since the victim would see it appear after they respawn, nobody wants a dialog to appear while they are flying. As for additional punish time, no matter what I set it to, somebody can always edit the script and change it to the value they want. If I make it so if somebody chooses "Punish" and have it add an additional 1 minute to their jail time, it would not take effect until the next time they are in jail. Or I could try to figure out a way to would add the extra punish time, or reduced punish time, to the timer while the team killer is still in jail - and add a new hint telling the jailed player that their time in jail has been reduced or increased. I would also probably need to have a dialog time limit where the victim has 20 seconds to decide whether to choose "forgive/punish" and then have the dialog disappear. Right now there is just 1 timer setting that effects all players, so I would first need to figure out a way to make it so increase/decrease punish time effect just the team killer and not everybody.

My Arma 2 version of the script is done, but I'm still testing it. I noticed a couple of small timer problems in my Combine Operations version, so I fixed a few things. An Arrowhead version will soon follow.

Yes.. I was thinking more along the lines of MP style use where the chances of having random players join is much higher. Not exactly sure how dialogs affect the controls of the player etc... but a small dialog up at the top out of the way could be used if it doesn't hinder the players ability to control their character. I'd have it default to forgive, after say 20 seconds like you said, so that the player actually has to punish the teamkiller manually before added time would be calculated or applied.

It's a really cool idea man.. I can see the uses for this script... especially for missions like Taki Life or Wasteland or similar missions.

**Updated**

Now comes in 3 flavors: Arma 2, Arrowhead and Combined Operations.

Many fixes/tweaks.

Check the original topic description & link.

If you need help at all you can give me a shout on xfire: suicidal8000

If a forum moderator could please change the topic Title to: Team kill Punish with Jail Cell (All Versions) it would be appreciated. Thank you :)

Edited by A-SUICIDAL
Added xfire account name

thanks a lot mate nice work..!!!! but arma 2 versionb stil no work if i put ur chernarus demo in my multiplayer mission i open arma i run the editor and i got this message You cannot play edit this mission; it is depend on downloadable content thats has been deleted.cacharacters_e so again i can't run ur demo in arma 2 :( finaly i open mission sqm with notepad i remove the cacharacterss_e from addons i start the mission but if i kill team mate i got only the message i am not in jail and after 2 3 sec i die and i got message u were shot dead for escaping :( any help i dont know what i need to do if i load chernarus mission in o.a work fine .! in arma 2 version nothing work just the message

Edited by AnGeLo

I just took a look. There was one US army unit that was not replaced with a USMC. Try it now and see if it still gives you problems. I test it and everything is working fine, but I have combined ops installed. so it's hard to test to see if it works in just Arma 2. I'll see if I launch Arma 2 stand alone.

Edit:

Yeah, it doesn't work in regular Arma 2. It seems more like a script problem. Like, maybe I am using a script command that doesn't work with Arma 2. I'll see if I can fix it fast somehow.

Edit:

I fixed it. I never play Arma 2, so I had no idea that it didn't support backpacks. So I removed all references to a backpack in 4 different script files. Then I found out that "player forceWalk true;" doesn't work in Arma 2 either, so I removed that as well, then everything tested smoothly. I'm uploading the fixed version now. When you get a chance, let me know if it worked correctly or not.

Edited by A-SUICIDAL

sure mate somthing dont suporded in arma 2 stadalone thats why i have problem thanks so mach for all ur hard work i am waiting for test ur arma 2 standalone version if is posible ...! the most off my frients have just arma 2 free because waiting for arma 3 so i run just my arma 2 standalone version more from my combined ops to play with my frients

oh man!!!!thankssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :) work fine now !!!!!!!oufff my biger problem in arma history resolved i am so hapy now!!!!realy appreciated !!! work in my editor test now i need to test it in my dedicated server with real player and i tell u my expirience in dedicated after test

edit the only problem here is the escape button the prisoner can put escape and respawn if put respone is back to game again

Edited by AnGeLo

She better be ready :rolleyes:

Angelo, remove the "//" in front of line 15 of the "start_punish.sqf" file.

:) fine nice work man i remove the // now all fine !!!!!!my arma 2 anti team kill dream now is on!!!! so i go test on dedicated server now for start time i put 5 minite panishe oh yeaaaaaa i feel so good with this :P i chance the music file in jail i alredy put 1 very bad song like a nightmare hehe ;)

EDIT: last question mate this script work for tvt or only for coop ???if i have east and west side and 2 jails? 1 east 1 west work?

Edited by AnGeLo

It's for coop. I never gave TvT much thought, sorry. Maybe I should have stressed that it was a coop jail. I play so much coop I forgot that this game even has TvT. The last time I played against other real players in this game was... back when I played Cold War Crisis over 10 years ago, and even then I preferred to play coop with the 007 Vets clan. The good ol days. I wonder if anybody here remembers them at all. Clan leader was named Jesus. 24 guys hiding behind rocks waiting for the right moment to detonate a passing convoy. The game is better now, but the teamwork was better back then. 1 life and fly around as seagull for over an hour. It was worth it.

Simple fix really, without having to do too much. If you disarm the players (I assume you do) when they go to jail, then 1 jail is not a problem :)