Sign in to follow this  
SittingDuck

Help! ctd at random!

Since i installed Windows 2000 Professional, and Operation Flashpoint, the game crashes at random to my desktop, but only when i'm playing the game, not in the menu, or in the mission editor (except when using the preview mode). The game was one of the few games i could play whitout problems on Win98SE and with WinME, but with Win2k, it is one of the worst running games (only GTA3 is even worse).

I tried everything i could possibly think of, i tried downgrading my detonator XP drivers, i installed DirectX 8, i installed DirectX 8.1b (the new version) i reinstalled the 29.80 detonator drivers, i tried updating my soundcard drivers, which disabled my soundcard, and leaving me no other option but to install the old drivers again. And i already emailed Codemasters tech support, but they couldn't help.

Any ideas on what possibly solve my problem? confused.gif

and i cleaned my HD, i have 22 GB free on my HD, and the Virtual Memory is higher then 550 Mb

My Specs:

AMD Athlon 1000 Mhz

128 Mb RAM

Nvidia GeForce2 MX/MX400 32 Mb

Via Tech motherboard

Via PCI Audio Controller (WDM)

Samsung DVD-ROM

Windows 2000 Professional

DirectX 8.1b

Detonator XP drivers v. 23.11 (i tried the latest drivers also, but it didn't help)

Game version: 1.00 (it doesn't matter what version i have, had 1.46 installed, 1.40 and 1.30, it didn't help at all)

Have you tried running without sound hardware acceleration?...

I also set the Virtual Memory to 600 Mb, which, according to BIS tech support, should help, but it didn't

Any ideas?