Sign in to follow this  
npjnpj

BI Products 'bleeding' into each other

My apologies, if this is not quite the correct section, but as my problem started after having installed CC:GM, it seemed most appropriate and perhaps someone might shed some light?

I have the BI products ArmA-X box, Take on Helicopters, and Carrier Command: Gaea Mission installed (in that order). These are all on the same drive, but installed in different directories. Everything patched but completely vanilla, by the way.

The weirdness started after I installed Carrier Command:

1) The tutorial missions of ArmA II now also appear in the tutorial section of Take on Helicopters (in addition to the normal ones belonging there), and they are playable from ToH!

2) The introduction screen of ArmA II now has the backdrop of Carrier Command, where the slow fly-by of the carrier of ArmA II should be.

Everything is playable just fine, as far as I can see, so I'm not all that bothered, but has anyone come across something like this?

1) The tutorial missions of ArmA II now also appear in the tutorial section of Take on Helicopters (in addition to the normal ones belonging there), and they are playable from ToH!

The latest ToH patch included the ArmA 2 CO content in ToH if it was installed. So you can use A2 content with the ToH flight model. ;)

Don't know about your second "problem" though.

Oh, I see. Thank you for the information.

Even though it's intentional, it does leave me slightly puzzled concerning its purpose. So I can now fly the ArmA II helicopter tutorial missions (and only these?) using the ToH engine from within ToH, but this seems half-baked to me, unless the flight engine was also incorporated into ArmA II as a whole, which it doesn't seem to be.

Also, commenting on that, I would have welcomed some sort of switch to be able to hide the non-ToH tutorials, especially as all ArmA II tutorials are also accessible this way, including the parachute, basic training, and tank tutorials . Very strange.

As for my second problem, this seems to have disappeared. I can imagine it to have been some PC cache problem.

If i'm not misinformed you should have all content (including all Missions & Campaigns) from ArmA 2 in ToH. Means, you should be able to play A2 with the improved engine of ToH. I'm sure you do understand that converting the A2 Helicopters to the ToH flight engine would have been a too big task for a free gift. But you can use all content of both games in the Mission Editor, especially interesting if you have the Hinds DLC for ToH.

Also, commenting on that, I would have welcomed some sort of switch to be able to hide the non-ToH tutorials, especially as all ArmA II tutorials are also accessible this way, including the parachute, basic training, and tank tutorials.

As said, this feature is a free gift and you surely understand, thinking of the other WIP projects actually going on (A3, DayZ), that BI decided to just put as much resources on it that were inevitable. Never look a gift horse in the mouth. ;)

As for your second problem, I have never seen or heard of anything like that. Maybe if you could provide some screens? I'm not even sure if you can use assets from CC in ArmA 2.

Thank you again for your replies. Sorry about the misunderstanding, my fault entirely. I had a closer look at the ToH patch notes and now realise that I'd misread them at the time of installation.

I understand now that this 'bug' was actually a feature (and a gift). With this in mind I'll now have a closer look at what it can do.

Thanks for the developers for including this. Looking at this in the new light it seems quite impressive.

Please feel free to close this thread.