Sign in to follow this  
daringd

tilting objects around the X or Y axis?

Before I had thought it impossible to tilt objects, but then I saw in the Taviana map that some of the rail sections have been tilted, and I have heard speak of other people getting this effect too, now I can't possibly let this go without finding out how they could have done this, because I just have never found a way of doing it myself.

Is there anyone who can shed some light on this?

D

I can only think of this: Tools->Artificial Objects/ Natural Objects -> Box "Randomize Angle"

As far as I know, there is no way to enter a specific angle, just the option to randomize it. So, you place the object 20 times and select the one where the random-angle suits your needs.

OK,

I found a run of threads on this matter now, so I'm going to have to accept that I just can't do this, despite having seen it done in other maps, I'm going to have to somehow contain my frustration. I'm sure I'm not the only/first/last person to want to literally eat their own fist because of this limitation. I just caught myself shaking my fist at my monitor in a moment of pseudo rage.

I even randomised the angles, then exported the objects so I find the bot of code that tells visitor what the angle is, but quickly realised that doesn't work, but there must be a bit of code somewhere that sets the angle of objects, that visitor can load them back in after a save. I simply can not let this go.

D

The standard Visitor import & output script data doesn't contain any info on "pitch" (or is it "yaw"?) of objects... nor is there any direct parameter input you can use on a per-object basis...

With a custom model of course you have .mlod access, and you can specifically tilt the model itself if you really, really need to... other than that, the best workaround I've found if I need a "leaning tree" or something similar is the same trick as #momo# - set the "randomise angle" in Artificial Objects to it's most extreme values - then place a whole bunch of that object and check them over - looking for one that's tilted the way I want it - then I copy/paste that specific model instance wherever I want a "leaning" one...

A cheesy copout, but afaik it's the only way with Visitor 3...

B

Edited by Bushlurker