species1571

Deadly Islands mod (10th Anniversary Edition)

On 12/02/2018 at 4:27 PM, parmenides said:

I just got this error, when trying to gather a blueprint from a research lab.

Thanks. Please download the mod again, I made a quick fix to the file that should fix this.

2 hours ago, species1571 said:

Thanks. Please download the mod again, I made a quick fix to the file that should fix this.

works perfectly now thanks a lot !!!

Thank you for this update, Species. Can't believe how diligent you still are improving the game and ironing out bugs! Will download newest version and incorporate the changes I like to play with in the config files - again :). 

EDIT

I begun a new strategy game with 1.30. I had 3 islands. I approached the last one I took, and took control over a droid near the research station. I got two blueprints. One, as I approached the station, and one, as I "hacked" the station. Must be a bug? 

EDIT 2

I just had this crash

zhb42cq7xh0a6g26g.jpg

Occurs repeatable when I assault a enemy walrus garage on Thermopylae island with a walrus equipped with a HEAT cannon. Do you know if this is somehow related to your mod?

Edited by Nicoman35

On 25/02/2018 at 10:26 AM, Nicoman35 said:

I begun a new strategy game with 1.30. I had 3 islands. I approached the last one I took, and took control over a droid near the research station. I got two blueprints. One, as I approached the station, and one, as I "hacked" the station. Must be a bug? 

Did they both say research bonus? There is a chance for a second blueprint, but only when you hack the station, there is no leftover coding for unlocking them when you approach. Maybe the first one was the normal blueprint unlock by capturing the island just a few seconds before?

I just had this crash

I couldn't reproduce this, can you send me a saved game where it is happening? Those ones are annoying as they don't generate any information.

Ah yes, will investigate this blueprint thing further.

And as for the save game, I can send it to you, but it does no longer crash... typical. I reloaded like 4 times, and it crashed. Now, I can reload as much as I want, and it no longer crashes. :down:

Maybe you just needed a reboot. Did you make any customization changes that could have caused a different result?

Yes I did. I altered speeds and range of certain projectiles, such as carrier lasers, shell and plasma. As well as range of walrus plasma and turret missiles. I did not touch HEAT though. Maybe it was something else causing the crash. As I did not experience it again yet.

I didn't mean tweaks to the game files, I meant did you make any changes to customization menu settings after the crash?

Updated to v1.31:

This update fixes a few errors in the recent v1.30 update:

---Crash which may occur when trying to hack a Research Center in a strategy game.

---Progress bonus blueprints not unlocking.

---Walrus turbo unable to be cancelled by pressing the activation key again when exterior camera view is active.

---Enemy carrier's units always being shown on the alternative radar, even when they are out of radar range.

---Nearest Islands Overview always showing "conn" as yes, even when the island does not have a connection to your current stockpile.

EDIT: Updated again to fix bonus blueprints incorrectly unlocking at the start of a game when starting with multiple friendly islands.

Download page HERE. Optional camouflages HERE.

• Thanks 1

Oh, I just see you released another version :-).

Well, anyway, just had another crash with this message, but with v1.30. I was fighting the enemy carrier in open water (no island to be seen). I had 4 walrusses outside, all equipped with howitzers, also shooting at the enemy carrier. 

Seconds before the enemy carrier was at 0% hull, the crash occurred.

Half an hour before this crash, I turned on maximum lod in the options menu of your deadly islands mod.

v6ft1f1s7b3dt396g.jpg

Well, I do not know, if this issue still persists in v1.31, because I am currently playing v1.30. Will try to reproduce this error. If I manage to repeat it, I will send you the savegame.

As said, I do not know if you are able to get any information out of this, but I decided to share it with you.

Here is the second error message related to that crash.

nn6i01yr635h4526g.jpg

And yes, on my pc I can reproduce the error.

Here is a link to what I mean is the correct savegame. The carrier is in open sea facing enemy carrier. Tell me, if you need any other files from savegame folder.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/uep2lz2yoyosbpl/strategy_save_auto2_398.save

Wow, this mod is still in development?!? Awesome. At this point Bohemia should be paying you for all the amazing work you've done on this game.

I remember when I first played this mod several years ago, just saw this game in my steam library and was thinking I might give it a go again. Even with all its warts, I love this game and really wish Bohemia would actually put some effort into updating/fixing it. Especially with everything this mod does to improve things.

Keep up the excellent work!

• Like 1

Started new game v1.31

I just encountered some weird error. After destroying the enemy carrier, during the sinking scene, I accidentally pressed the 'k' key for time warp. After the scene was finished, I could only see the time warp tunnel. I was not able to stop the time warp by pressing the k key, nor was I able to enter map. Only thing possible was calling your mods menu with F12. I saved the game with F6. Then I aborted the game to main menu. I wanted to reload last working save, but the only option was to begin a new strategy game! No continue, no loading of ANY other save (I made about 50) was possible. Completely closing and restarting the game did not help either. Any idea?

I was able to reproduce the stuck-in-timewarp by doing that, but not the lost saves. I was still able to access the esc menu and load the game from after the enemy carrier was sunk. Did you have auto backups enabled? If so, copy the backup folder from that profile to a safe location BEFORE starting a new game. Start a new game on the same profile and then exit and copy the most recent files in the copied backup folder back into the profile folder and you should be able to resume from there.

I was able to continue my game with your help. Many thanks. Much appreciated. The main save folder did only contain those 1kb small files named deadlyislands followed by a number. They do not have any name extension. Anything else was not there any more!?! Well, I had this backup folder, and there were all the saves. Copied them back, and I could continue. Wonder what might have deleted my save files. Anyway, will continue and report any other errors I run into.

A quick question regarding drone fuel: Could you please hint me, which variable I have to alter to increase fuel amount of the drone? Or alter its fuel consumption? I would like to play around a bit.

EDIT nvm, I found out myself.

Another question: Is it possible to add the feature of refuelling the drone at island refuel stations? 

EDIT2

It also avoids a bug in CCGM where shell damage is not applied to buildings if the shell lands when the gun is not selected.

Unfortunately, this does not apply for me. Walruses, mantas and defence towers do take damage when looking at them with the drone camera while shelling. Other buildings do not take damage. For example scramblers.

16 hours ago, Nicoman35 said:

Is it possible to add the feature of refuelling the drone at island refuel stations? 

I decided against this for various reasons. It would make the drone active time unlimited, whereas currently you have to use it tactically, returning home for refuel. The drone does not go low enough to the ground for refuelling from ground stations to be believable. Also, I do not consider the drone to be using the same liquid fuel as the units. More likely for such a small craft it would be electrically charged, which is also why it doesn't use carrier fuel to refuel.

Unfortunately, this does not apply for me. Walruses, mantas and defence towers do take damage when looking at them with the drone camera while shelling. Other buildings do not take damage. For example scramblers.

It only applies to holding the camera key when a target is tagged and the shell cannon is selected. It doesn't apply to switching directly to the drone camera.

Then everything is fine now, thanks a lot.

Oh, another question. The max. ankle for the main carrier shell gun is 80°. Can this be changed or is this hard coded?

3 hours ago, Nicoman35 said:

The max. ankle for the main carrier shell gun is 80°. Can this be changed or is this hard coded?

In the unmodded game, the limit is 60°. You can change it, but it won't be more useful as the maximum distance for shells is at 45°. Firing up beyond 80, the shell would just come down a few feet in front or even hit the carrier. It also becomes possible for the front gun to be left in the vertical position and destroyed by fire from the rear left gun. The same with the downward and side angles, extending them causes damage to the front and sides of the carrier, especially if fired when the carrier is moving forwards. I adjusted the position and angle limits of all the guns from the unmodded game to give maximum coverage without damaging the carrier.

Just wanted to have the possibility to aim at a steep ankle to shoot near objects behind hills. When I set shell projectile impulse at higher values, at 80° the nearest hit distance possible is about 1.5 kilometres. Wanted to be able to reduce this distance is spite of high impulse rates.

Oh, and all those changes you made - brilliant. Love the details such as the middle section of the compass getting darker when the needle of the tagged unit zeroes in.

On 15/04/2018 at 9:40 PM, Nicoman35 said:

Just wanted to have the possibility to aim at a steep ankle to shoot near objects behind hills. When I set shell projectile impulse at higher values, at 80° the nearest hit distance possible is about 1.5 kilometres. Wanted to be able to reduce this distance is spite of high impulse rates.

In mountpoint.xml, under the entry CarrierFront, you can change the value VAMin to -89.

Oh, and all those changes you made - brilliant. Love the details such as the middle section of the compass getting darker when the needle of the tagged unit zeroes in.

Thanks.