Sign in to follow this  
McKeighan

Can't look down barrel of gun when in gunner's seat anymore in vehicles!~

I'm not quite sure why this has been happening to me. I am no longer able to see down the gun sites in a vehicle. This plays total havoc with choppers for sure, as it's kinda crucial at times to aim down the barrel to get a better target on an object.

How it USED to work was that I would simply click my right mouse button while in the gunner position, and it would change my view to down the barrel (looking through the retical).

Now whenever I do this, my view zooms in (and then out when i release the mouse button).

So, it's almost like my zoom feature comes first, then my change optics.

How do I get it back to optics being the lead, and THEN zoom features?

Any help is greatly appreciated. (And yes, I've tried raising and lowering my weapon as well as firing the gun already.)

Thanks ChrisB - what was wierd is that I had to re-map optics to some other key (as I use Keypad 0 for something else).

Just strange that the right mouse click doesn't activate optics anymore (in vehicles... it works fine when just running around outside vehicles).. But holding the mouse button works for zoom. (i've verified that optics is set to the new hotkey i picked, and secondary mouse button as well).

Perhaps it just means it's time for a new mouse..... Stupid Razor products.

That bug has always been in Arma 2 I think, it's a problem with the standard key layout and all other bindings you set except the right mouse button work in vehicles. No need for a new mouse :)