Sign in to follow this  
UNN

DH Mosquito KA114

AFAIK it's about the only mosquito left that can be flown.

Another jewel

Ok, where's your point? There's nothing to discuss.

Ok, if it didn't occur to you already. How about:

Pros:

Isn't it awesome?

Cons:

It's a bit dangerous and noisy!

Another jewel

Nice. another made In Spain

While I'm at it, watched this recently

. Awful title and the authors screen presence is, let's say, not as outstanding as his writing. But apart from that, the most comprehensive documentary I've ever seen of the subject. Edited by UNN

Yes, now it's clear UNN. Very, cool indeed. I don't think it's dangerous, aircrafts like this are very robust and if maintained properly, it's as safe as a modern aircraft. Just keep it in the operational limits. :)

Edited by CriminalMinds

I don't thing its dangerous, aircrafts like this are very robust and if maintained properly

What struck me, was how close the props were. But since seeing that video, I noticed it's probably common place with twin engines. That and how the entire aircraft seem to shudder as they increased the revs, I assume the dials don't normally shake like that? :)

It was the first time I've seen such a HQ video from inside a cockpit. So I was kind of blown away.

What struck me, was how close the props were. But since seeing that video, I noticed it's probably common place with twin engines. That and how the entire aircraft seem to shudder as they increased the revs, I assume the dials don't normally shake like that? :)

It was the first time I've seen such a HQ video from inside a cockpit. So I was kind of blown away.

I've always been a sucker for twin engined aircraft, certainly a relativly small aircraft with overpowered engines. It gives the impression that wings are un-needed and the engines will always push enough air to keep it airborne.

I've once seen a Mitchell take off and reving on the ground at about 30 meters distance, you feel the power standing next to it and it is louder than you ever could imagine.

It's normal it shakes on the inside as much.

At least the future is bright for seeing more mossies flying. British based group have bought the next mosquito that's half finished and rumors are of a third one in the pipeline as well.