Sign in to follow this  
b00tsy

Help with screen effects

Hi guys,

I am trying to create radiation area's on the map with visual effects and increasing damage when you enter that area. I sort of have some screen effects going on now, but I can't get it to appear as how I had it in my mind. For one I want to add a fade in and fade out to the screen effects, but I am unsure on how to do that. I have also added radial blur with the intention of having blurry edges on the screen, but even though it added that it does not do anything. Also the film grain I added does not seem to work as how I have done it.

This is what I have added:

For testing purpose I have the code in a trigger, but will go into a script later.

(film grain module present)

Activation trigger

"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable true; "filmGrain" ppEffectEnable true; 
"radialblur" ppEffectEnable true; "filmGrain" ppEffectAdjust [0.1, -5, 0.1, 0.01, 5, false];  "filmGrain" ppEffectCommit 1;    
"colorCorrections" ppEffectAdjust [1, 0.75, 0, [0.8,0.9,1,-0.3], [1,1,1,2], [-0.5,0,-1,5]]; "colorCorrections" ppEffectCommit 1; 
"radialBlur" ppEffectAdjust [0.01,0.01,0.15,0.15]; "radialBlur" ppEffectCommit 1;

Disable effects:

"colorCorrections" ppEffectEnable false; "filmGrain" ppEffectEnable false; "radialblur" ppEffectEnable false;

So my question is why does film grain and blur not seem to work and how do I add fade in/out to the screen effects?

Help is much appreciated.

You can see the effects I have so far in this video:

R7xBGlnsEWQ

ROFL @ video soundtrack :rolleyes: nicework but maybe the Geiger Counter would be better with a beep instead of a buzz to avoid those unintended comedy puns? (If you don't know what I mean, I'm not going to explain it to you!)

Not sure but can't see where you created the effect?

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ppEffectCreate

Also PP stands for post processing - if you have it switched off in the game video options, bluring and filmGrain will never work. To make sure everyone gets an effect regardless of video settings - maybe a high frequency camShake would be better? If you search for "camShake" in the scripting wiki you will find all the commands you need.

Sure, if you have a beeping geiger counter for me I will add it, this sound is what freesound.org provided me, which is acceptable I think for a radiation effect. And I don't get it indeed unless I think like a 16 year old and imagine a dildo sound (that is where you pointing at I assume).

As mentioned the effects are currently in a trigger for testing, but will move it into a script later on. I did not realize that you need to have post processing enabled, so that sux if blur and grain will not work without it. I already am using camshake for some other things, do not really want to use it for this too. And I am aware of the BIKI, of course I googled already before I created this topic for help :>

Any hints on getting a working fade in/out to the current screen effects would still be welcome though.