Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

How do I join servers?

I haven't been playing MP before.

My question is simple: How do I successfully join a server?

I run version 1.11, I can connect to servers, choose role, download data, but as soon as I am about to start playing the game disconnect and I end up at the server browser.

Are you just wanting to play arma2 only? not Combinded Ops?

Edited by ringoray

I only have arma 2 at the moment.

Suggest you get OA, not alot of servers are running Arma2 only if at all.

Also before you join a server look at the info box below it, it will tell you whats required of that server, be it mods, game version.

If it may help you review this guide:

New to Multiplayer? (Read this guide)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?93078-New-to-Multiplayer-%28Read-this-guide%29

I have ordered Anniversary Edition and according to the post service I can pick it up today. :D

I always try to look at server info and the servers I tried to join had the same version and no mods. The weird thing is that there is no error message either, the game just takes me back to the server browser.

However, I did manage to join a server yesterday

I gotta ask though, is there any AO servers that does not require the DayZ mod? (because I have no interest in it atm)

Nice one! And yes there are lots of severs that dont require DayZ mod, you should have no trouble finding some.

Of course there is, just see this link and tick Exclude Dayz. In fact if you launch the game without Dayz mod, you should not see their servers. Well official that is.