Sign in to follow this  
Soon2B 2nd LT

my addon ideas

I only ask for minor addons. First of all the m60 is a crew served weapon but in the game a single guy can run around with it and shoot it like rambo. They're heavy and belt fed. It just doesnt work that way. I think it would make a lot more sense to have the m249 SAW put into the game. It may not fit into the timeline but then again, neither do half the new weapons, so why not add the SAW to make at least some aspect more realistic?

Probably my biggest issue with the game is the lack of ammo. I'm always running out of ammo. I hope BIS fixes this. For example, a grenadier would never go into battle carrying only 3 clips of ammo and 2 m203 grenades. At least a slightly more realistic loadout could be 6 clips of ammo and 6 m203 grenades. Or an m60 gunner could have 600 rounds of ammo rather than the current 300 or so. You get the idea…I hope.

Some ideas I’ve read in these forums are good. I'm completely for the mortar idea, claymores, and the fast ropes/ladders to deploy and/or mount helicopters. It's ridiculous watching guys parachute out of a chopper from 200 feet. I sure hope BIS takes these ideas into consideration.

I want to see a secondary weapon, like a handgun or something, because if I run out of ammo now, my only option is to run away.

And that sucks.

i don't know about anyone else but i'd rather have a 30 round clip in my inventory slot than a 7 round pistol mag

I just hope that when pistols come out every addon doesn't come with them, I really cant see a need for them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soon2B 2nd LT @ Nov. 22 2001,04:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I only ask for minor addons.  First of all the m60 is a crew served weapon but in the game a single guy can run around with it and shoot it like rambo.  They're heavy and belt fed.  It just doesnt work that way.  I think it would make a lot more sense to have the m249 SAW put into the game.  It may not fit into the timeline but then again, neither do half the new weapons, so why not add the SAW to make at least some aspect more realistic?

Probably my biggest issue with the game is the lack of ammo.  I'm always running out of ammo.  I hope BIS fixes this.  For example, a grenadier would never go into battle carrying only 3 clips of ammo and 2 m203 grenades.  At least a slightly more realistic loadout could be 6 clips of ammo and 6 m203 grenades.  Or an m60 gunner could have 600 rounds of ammo rather than the current 300 or so.  You get the idea…I hope.

Some ideas I’ve read in these forums are good.  I'm completely for the mortar idea, claymores, and the fast ropes/ladders to deploy and/or mount helicopters.  It's ridiculous watching guys parachute out of a chopper from 200 feet.  I sure hope BIS takes these ideas into consideration.<span id='postcolor'>

Weird, i never run out :/

Neither do i, and on the occasions i do its a lot of fun trying to grab more ammo under fire, or as a black op having use a loud, noisy ak to defend yourself when your hk runs out biggrin.gif

I think grenadiers and mortars and Law soldiers etcx.. should be able to carry more a ammo though

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Soon2B 2nd LT @ Nov. 22 2001,04:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I only ask for minor addons.  First of all the m60 is a crew served weapon but in the game a single guy can run around with it and shoot it like rambo.  They're heavy and belt fed.  It just doesnt work that way.  I think it would make a lot more sense to have the m249 SAW put into the game.  It may not fit into the timeline but then again, neither do half the new weapons, so why not add the SAW to make at least some aspect more realistic?

Probably my biggest issue with the game is the lack of ammo.  I'm always running out of ammo.  I hope BIS fixes this.  For example, a grenadier would never go into battle carrying only 3 clips of ammo and 2 m203 grenades.  At least a slightly more realistic loadout could be 6 clips of ammo and 6 m203 grenades.  Or an m60 gunner could have 600 rounds of ammo rather than the current 300 or so.  You get the idea…I hope.

Some ideas I’ve read in these forums are good.  I'm completely for the mortar idea, claymores, and the fast ropes/ladders to deploy and/or mount helicopters.  It's ridiculous watching guys parachute out of a chopper from 200 feet.  I sure hope BIS takes these ideas into consideration.<span id='postcolor'>

First of all there already are several M249 addons out. One is part of the Taiwan Weapons Pack and is called the T74. That pack also includes a M240 (FNMag) called the T75. In addition someone else just released another M249 addon just yesterday.

As for the M60. I used to be an M60 gunner (and also a M249 SAW gunner) and you are partly correct. It is a crew served weapon. However a single soldier can move around and fire it by himself. The Navy Seals for example use it like a SAW with no assistant gunner.

The assistant gunner is mainly there to carry extra ammo and the extra barrel for the M60.

With that said, I don't think the single M60 gunner could carry 600 rounds of ammunition. But they could make another soldier carry extra ammo and act like a "ammo truck" sort of where the M60 gunner could go up to him and take extra ammo from him whether he is alive or dead.

I agree also that in general the ammunition loads for everyone else is very unrealistic. For most combat operations you pack as much ammo as you can carry. The maximum (9 clips) is more realistic, however it should still leave room for hand grenades, 40mm grenades (for the M203) and other equipment.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Sorry if this gets posted twice but I forgot to add that also there is some very good rappelling scripts out as well that simulate fast-rope insertions.  I use it on my "Blackhawk Down" mission which you can find at the URL under my signature.  However you are right it would be nice to have that insertion method as part of the helicopter insertion commands (and waypoints) built into the game.... not to mention actually seeing the ropes.  smile.gif  

Aside from that, there already are several M249 addons out.  One is part of the Taiwan Weapons Pack and is called the T74.  That pack also includes a M240 (FNMag) called the T75.  In addition someone else just released another M249 addon just yesterday.  

As for the M60.  I used to be an M60 gunner (and also a M249 SAW gunner) and you are partly correct.  It is a crew served weapon.  However a single soldier can move around and fire it by himself with a 200 round belt. It sucks running with it because it's a heavy beast, but as long as you're in good shape it's possible.  The Navy Seals for example use it like a SAW with no assistant gunner.

The assistant gunner is mainly there to carry extra ammo and the extra barrel for the M60.  

With that said, I don't think the single M60 gunner could carry 600 rounds of ammunition.  But they could make another soldier carry extra ammo and act like a "ammo truck" sort of where the M60 gunner could go up to him and take extra ammo from him whether he is alive or dead.  

I agree also that in general the ammunition loads for everyone else is very unrealistic.  For most combat operations you pack as much ammo as you can carry.  The maximum (9 clips) is more realistic, however it should still leave room for hand grenades, 40mm grenades (for the M203) and other equipment.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>