Sign in to follow this  
Jastreb

Server controlled over TC Admin Battleye problems

Have a problem with my server in form of server wont start if I turn Battleye on.

My config file is ok, and if I leave Battleye=0; in server.cfg server will start normally, but if I turn it on Battleye=1; server never shows up in server browser, and there is absolutely nothing in arma2oaserver.rpt. There are entries like server is starting, but it looks like it hangs and wont go further. Last message is updating base classes and thats it.

My command line is

-Server -config=Server.cfg -maxMem=2047 -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7 -mod=@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@jayarma2lib_new;@acre;@a2sm;@uck_terror;@balkan_war_mod;@asr_ai;@lingor;@podagorsk;@thirsk;@server -cfg=Basic.cfg -port=2302 -ip=217.24.29.4 -profiles=D:\UserFiles\Vladan\GameServers\TC20147028866716826772368\ -download -logFile=Server.log -nosplash

Yes I know about switches "-Server" and "-download" but I cant remove that because its part of the TC Admin template, but I dont think thats the issue.

What Ive done so far, is I have placed BEServer.dll and BEClient.dll ( latest for Arma2OA 1.62 ) in serverroot\Battleye, and in serveroot\Expansion\Battleye and it looks like server woud delete BEServer.dll for some reason.

I used to have dedicated server on linux and all worked fine, and I used to manage it on a headless machine over SSH. Im aware its slightly different on Windows ( this server runs on Windows 2008 ) but it cant be that different or Im missing something. We also checked that BE is installed on that machine, but problem might be that TC admin copies server files from their original install directory ( which is in Program Files ) when it crates new server. I dont know exactly how that works cause I never worked with TC Admin, and I dont have access to that machine to troubleshoot it.

I just want to know what are the requirements for BE to run on a Windows machine, cause I cant figure this out without knowing this.

Is it registry path, install path, where does it needs DLLs present, and which switches in command line are enough for it to work?

So far I have tried with this setup and -profiles switch which should work with BE but it doesnt, and I have tried adding -bepath switch and it didnt want to work either.

Any help is much appreciated. I can supply rpt, my cfgs all except access to machine and edits of TC Admin templates.

Thanks.

Edit: I missed the right forum to post this question, so please mods, move it to Servers and administration. Thank you.

Edited by _MaSSive

Bump, and please moderators move this in Servers and Administration section. Still searching for solutions about this.

Try adding the -BEpath parameter with full path (and always use the \expansion\battleye)

-BEpath=D:\UserFiles\Vladan\GameServers\TC20147028866716826772368\expansion

Edited by SavageCDN
Fixed

Ok ill give it a go, but Ive tried with -bepath on different locations and its a no go. Server never shows up in MP browser, its not crashing either, no entries in rpt, no bidmp or other crash files.

Every path was full path, and beserver.dll was present in the folder along with beserver.cfg. Very odd.