Sign in to follow this  
mrvideo

Issues with friends in non-dedicated server

In the past, my friends join my server, everone loads in no problem, we play, until about a month ago. I host the server, friends join, we all get to the map screen, everyone ready's up, i click continue, and im the only one put into gameplay, everyone else is left in the map/briefing screen. I have researched this issue to find nothing. No major changes have been made to my rig or network system, nor to any of my friends. Im at a loss here guys, i would really like to get back out there as fast as possible. Thanks for the help,

Mrvideo

already re-installed and removed all mods to no change, thanks tho

Hi,

so you need to get the rpt from your friends and post it here so we can see whats going on, as it seems your friends may have the issue and not you,

as you can get on your own mission.

Theres some things to consider when hosting:

1. they need to look at the color of the server (the color is a dot that is next to the server) for them it will show a color based on their version and so forth:

The color break down:

The green circle means you should be able to enter the server with no trouble.

The orange w/Question Mark symbol means that you are not running the exact same mods as the server in question, and may -or may not- be able to enter.

The black w/key symbol means that it is a password protected server, which may -or may not- be found on either their web-site or TS/Vent server.

The red X symbol means that your game version does not match that of the servers.

So find out what color your server is for them.

2. If a mission you host is on a map that they dont have, they cant join, same for any addons /mods

3. If you are running a beta exe that they dont have they wont be able to join

4. If the mission has only one playable slot they wont be able to join

============

Post your friend's Rpt after they have tried to join your server/mission and lets see what the issue is.

Also what mission is it that you are hosting?

I have the same issue on all missions that I host, but we noticed the problem on the Roadblock Duty mission included in Ace, all of my buddies have ace updated using play with six and all of them are running the same addons as me (All CBA, RH weapon packs, ACE, ACRE), ill get and post their Rpt tonight when we all get together, thanks for the help man! Also we are all running the Arma 2 Op Arrowhead exe (not the beta), but we all own A2 and PMC and BAF which is integrated in, on a side note: what is the difference between the Beta and just regular Arrowhead?

Edited by mrvideo

New info on the issue arma 2 vanilla works, but whenever we enable mods (specifically CBA and ACE) the issus appears. Also, my friends say that the server has a yellow "?" in the server browser and ping is 2500 (this only appears when we use mods)

Edited by mrvideo

what is the difference between the Beta and just regular Arrowhead?

Just game version. the stock version of the game is Version 1.62.95248 but with a beta, a beta is like a patch but not

a full next version of the game, it changes the 2nd row of numbers (bolded)Version 1.62.95248 to a new number, the beta is just new fixes, and updates, liek a regular patch.

If you were to use a beta then your target line would have /beta/ added to it after the arma2oa.exe understand.

As for your last post here, I need to see everyone's RPT.

when you post it go to advanced in the forum when you post, its at the bottom right next to post quick reply.

post your rpt, and then highlight it, and then press the # button when your in advanced mode, this will put the rpt into a scrollable code text, so the rpt doesn't clutter up the post.

But a yellow dot says that someone isn't runnign the same version.

all of my buddies have ace updated using play with six and all of them are running the same addons as me (All CBA, RH weapon packs, ACE, ACRE),

Dont use playwithsix right now, just do everything manually til you get this sorted out, I suggest trying without it and see what results you get,

if you need help with mods and stuff the manual way then let me know as thats the only way I play the game.

One quick question : Are you hosting dedicated server or hosting a game trough MP menu?

If dedicated, and you have verifySignatures =1; ( or 2 ) make sure you have server keys in your serverroot\keys folder, cause if not they wont be able to join. If not dedicated, this is the strangest issue Ive seen...could of been some ports blocked in your router or your doing it wrong. Let one of your freinds host that same mission, and then you try to join, see what happens.

Good luck!

_Massive its a Non-Dedicated server

And im having trouble accessing the Rpt files, theyre not in the place everyone says to look, could someone point me in the right direction please? Sorry, im a noob when it comes to hosting servers, also theres some bad thunderstorms hitting my area right now, so sorry in advance if im not active for a few days due to power and/or internet loss. Thanks guys!

Rpt can be found here:

The arma2OA.rpt files are located in your -profiles root directory, or if used without this parameter then it can be found in these default locations:

WINDOWS XP: %userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2 OA

WINDOWS VISTA / 7: %userprofile%\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA

for example my rpt can be found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\Gunter Severloh\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2 OA

I have winxp32 btw.

Umm whenever I attempt to post the RPT I get a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error from the BI website, could I send it to you via email? or through something else?