Sign in to follow this  
FiberWire

Need help with commanding my Fireteam

Just bought Cold War Assault on Steam. Loving it so far, but a couple things are bothering me. First off, how do you give out individual commands to a member of your team. I've figured out how to give an order to my entire squad, but not individual members. Any help/tips would be appreciated.

Press F1 to F12 to select individual members, or to group them with the command "8" in smaller teams (Or it was 9?).

Ah, that's my problem. I'm playing on a laptop and my F1 through F12 keys have secondary functions (such as Wifi and volume control etc). Hopefully I can remap the keys to something else.

Thanks for the reply.

And the ` key next to the 1 at the top for the whole squad. It gets deep after that but you'll find it.

I'm playing on a laptop and my F1 through F12 keys have secondary functions (such as Wifi and volume control etc). Hopefully I can remap the keys to something else.

It's impossible to remap them, they are hardcoded. Just make sure you stay clear of the "fn" key when using the Function keys. I spent two hours repairing a "network error" where my laptop couldn't connect to the network, only to find out that I had hit the fn+f2 combo, which disables Wifi :banghead:

It's impossible to remap them, they are hardcoded. Just make sure you stay clear of the "fn" key when using the Function keys. I spent two hours repairing a "network error" where my laptop couldn't connect to the network, only to find out that I had hit the fn+f2 combo, which disables Wifi :banghead:

That's disappointing. Is there any other way to highlight individual members without using the F1-F12 keys? If not, i'm screwed. The "Scrap" mission is kicking my ass at the moment.

Plug in a real keyboard?

Was trying to avoid that, seeing as I don't have one at the moment. No other option though, i'll give it a shot once I get one.

Thanks for the replies.

I think you could hold Alt and then press over teammates to select them, but i'm not sure

In the command view you can select team members by holding the Shift key and clicking on them, but this could be hard if they're not in your visual view.