Sign in to follow this  
Pie015

Transport Unload waypoint not working with empty helicopter

Hello guys :)

I've ran into a somewhat big problem with the transport unload waypoint on ArmA II OA. The problem is that when I select a helicopter which already has a pilot in it (not an empty helicopter) and name it heli and then make a player unit and put in the init box: this assignAsCargo heli; this moveInCargo [heli, 0];

After that I made a move waypoint right in front of the heli and set the speed on full. Then I made an invisible helipad and named it "land1" (without the speech marks).

So then I proceeded to make a transport unload waypoint on the helipad and in the init field I put "heli land "land1"" and it works! But the problem is when I make an empty helicopter and make a pilot with the init: this assignAsDriver heli; this moveInDriver heli;

My character doesn't get kicked out of the heli like he is supposed to when the pilot lands. He just sits there. Why? P.S I have ACE mod

assignAsCargo assigns the player as cargo and without an additional eject command the player won't get kicked out automatically. assignAsCargo isn't needed anyway (not as far as I know), so try without it.

And you'll probably have to manually get out via action unless you're in a group and not the group leader, since the game won't force the player to do anything unless forced to via script.

If you're in a group and the group leader has a Get Out WP synchronized with the Transport Unload, the group will automatically disembark, including you, so you don't have to do anything.

Otherwise I recommend using the Eject action.

Also you don't necessarily need to name your HPad unless you have multiple HPads and want the helicopter to land at the specific HPad, then you'll have to use heli land "land1", otherwise you can use the following:

"GET IN" - low hover mode for units to get in

"GET OUT" - low hover mode for units to get out

"LAND" - full stop

"NONE" - This cancels a landing

Yes that's perfectly normal - Tranport Unload is for units in cargo in the heli - it doesn't affect the crew.

You need a "GET OUT" then for overkill, but not really needed: {

unassignvehicle _x; dogetout _x} foreach (crew _vehicleName);

in the waypoint init - if they have to land somewhere specific - put an invisible H near the waypoint and it will always land on that spot.

Edited by Mattar_Tharkari

Yes that's perfectly normal - Tranport Unload is for units in cargo in the heli - it doesn't affect the crew.

You need a "GET OUT" then for overkill, but not really needed: {

Thanks for the reply but I'm talking about my group in the cargo, not the heli's crew members :p

assignAsCargo assigns the player as cargo and without an additional eject command the player won't get kicked out automatically. assignAsCargo isn't needed anyway (not as far as I know), so try without it.

And you'll probably have to manually get out via action unless you're in a group and not the group leader, since the game won't force the player to do anything unless forced to via script.

If you're in a group and the group leader has a Get Out WP synchronized with the Transport Unload, the group will automatically disembark, including you, so you don't have to do anything.

Otherwise I recommend using the Eject action.

Thanks for the reply and I removed the assignAsCargo command but it produces the same result. But if I use a helicopter which already has a pilot in it, when he comes to land at the helipad, my and me crew will automatically get kicked out of the heli but if the empty heli has an assigned pilot then my group and I will just sit in the cargo without getting out like they're supposed to.

Edited by Pie015

Maybe try this:

Create a trigger around the heli pad and as condition include a height check which should be less than or equal to 2.

//Edit:

Condition:

(getposATL heli select 2) <= 2

This is the height check, you could also use ASL if you want to, shouldn't make a real difference unless you're landing on the LHD on Utes, which has an ASL height of 15.

In the On Act put this:

{_x action ["eject",helo]} foreach units group GroupName;

This SHOULD work (I'll get back as how to do the height check because I have no idea right now but know for sure that I've included it in one of my missions)

Edited by tryteyker