Sign in to follow this  
djsnowboy267

Low FPS with computer meeting all requirements?

Hi, I've recently been trying to play Arma 2 (regular version) and I have very low FPS. I'm not using my good computer, which I'm gonna try to get fixed around Christmas. Anyway, Whenever I load up Arma, it has very low Fps, and I've had the setting all the way up, and all the way down but it does not make any difference. I checked and all my system requirements are good, but I'm not really a computer genius. Here they are:

AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4800+

2.5 GHz CPU speed

2.1 GB RAM

GeForce 8800 GT

I know its not very good, but it passes all the requirements. Any help would be much appreciated, but I will be getting my good computer repaired soon so its not urgent.

Meeting the required specs is one thing. Exceeding the recommended specs is another. With your current specs, I wouldn't expect to run above low settings.

What OS are you using? 32-bit or 64-bit? Either way, I'd be surprised if you are actually meeting the required spec for RAM with only 2Gb.

Meeting the required specs is one thing. Exceeding the recommended specs is another. With your current specs, I wouldn't expect to run above low settings.

What OS are you using? 32-bit or 64-bit? Either way, I'd be surprised if you are actually meeting the required spec for RAM with only 2Gb.

The game runs fine on 2GB and 32-bit OS as it takes only 1600 MB Ram.

I player ArmA the day it was released on such a Setup and it is playable as logn as you set it to default high only and disable Post processing and anti aliasing. The processor does not allow much A.I. But at least campaign is playable. but Anything over 2400m Viewdistance will be to much.

I checked and my computer is above all the recommended specs except CPU speed I think. Like I said, I've tried putting the settings as low as they can go, but it makes no difference from high settings. I'm currently running 32-bit Windows seven. Also, minimum RAM is 1 Gig.

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

The game runs fine on 2GB and 32-bit OS as it takes only 1600 MB Ram.

I player ArmA the day it was released on such a Setup and it is playable as logn as you set it to default high only and disable Post processing and anti aliasing. The processor does not allow much A.I. But at least campaign is playable. but Anything over 2400m Viewdistance will be to much.

Just got on Arma to try that and it turns out it fixed itself, and disabling both of those made it run even faster! Thanks!

Pease tell us what you consider low fps. What do you get in Benchmark 08?