Sign in to follow this  
rami

Possible to use Mods/Addons on Vilayer game-servers

Hi!

I'm thinking about renting a server to play on with my friends+few public joiners and I would like to know if anyone here uses Vilayer and know if its possible to install mods/addons on their gameservers?

addons like CBA, CBA2, CBA_OA, zeu_ai and tpwcas?

Is it easy to setup addons/mods? Do I have to do anything special to make it work?

I realise it could be possible that its not like TA2DST tool where you just click on the addons you installed and want to use and that you probably need to use startup parameters? If so, Would this way be the correct way of using multiple mods/addons on Vilayer server? "-mod=@mod1;@mod2"

When I search around the net for vilayer server guides or some kind of preview of the panels all I find is dayz threads and I just can't seem to find anything about this. And the support havn't replied to my email.

Hi Rami,

Welcome to BIS forums!

You should contact them and ask, but from my experience the server should allow you to run mods.

An Arma2CO server is no different then your own Arma2CO game file setup, except its on someone else's computer.

All you need to do is create a mod folder on the server, and then install all the files for the mods you wish to use, then add the mod's name to the server command line,and thats it.

For the mods you listed I'd recommend ASRAI, but whatever you want, the tpwc_ai_suppress_304 which you list has a userconfig, so you will need to do a few things:

1. create a @tpwc_ai mod folder, and move all tpwc_ai_suppress_304 files into it.

2. create a userconfig folder and put its fles in it

3. create a keys folder (should already be one available for Arma2CO

4. add the mods to the command line (also known as target line), and add to the server's target line like this: @CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@tpwc_ai

The server will have its own command line based on its folders, but overall it should be -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@tpwc_ai

I personally recommend: NFO http://www.nfoservers.com/

they have great support and will reply to you like within the hour to any question you have, but I ahd a couple of servers with them for a couple of years,

as well as other server providers, but the min slot for Arma2CO for NFo is:

$35 for a 32 slot, so its up to you, I dont know what Vilayer offers but i'd assume a price around that.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for your greeting and for your reply!

Ah I see!

Installed asr_ai on my other comp and it seems damn good. Thanks! :yay:

But this sounds great! Gonna try it out by renting the min amount of slots.

NFOServers sounded great but it seems to be based in the US? I'm in Europe :/ But the prices seemed to be around the same.

Thank you for your support!

---------- Post added at 07:44 ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 ----------

Ah. I might aswell ask this

Is it possible to disable the message that clients get when they join without CBA? "MISSING FOLLOWING MOD: CBA_MAIN"

Hi again Rami, glad I can help.

NFOServers sounded great but it seems to be based in the US? I'm in Europe :/ But the prices seemed to be around the same.

Yes sorry to say NFO at least from the ordering page all internap is USA location, so you may want to stick to your local area which would be better for server performance.

Is it possible to disable the message that clients get when they join without CBA? "MISSING FOLLOWING MOD: CBA_MAIN"

It might be possible, I suggest asking on the CBA thread--> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?103871-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-for-A2-OA-and-CO

In general CBa is required for the mods you use, if someone joining your server doesn't have the same version of cba as you then that message will popup,

however in the server's cfg you could set your server to not have verifySignatures = 2; setup which means that clients require the exact same modfolder naming,

order and amount as the server.

Problem with this is if you do not have verifySignatures on then no checks on joining client/players, which means almost anyone can join your server

with a modified addon or mod and hack your server, basically do crazy stuff ruing the mission your running, or whatever.

See verifySignatures for more details, I'd suggest using it.

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Addon_Signatures

If players dont have the same cba version as the server, they'll get the message popping up, but they'll still be able to play.

Thanks! :) Everything works fine but I'm curious about one thing. In my server cfg vilayer have set "requiredBuild = 95248;". Same version as my client but people tend to join and disconnect in a split second, like they are getting kicked (without notification for us who are inside playing). Most likely they joined the wrong server or regret joining and pressed escape to leave, but still .. makes me curious, could "requirebuild" be a cause for this? Could it be set to high/low? Should I set the requirebuild to an lower or even higher value? Or is everything fine?

" "playername" have connected"

" "playername" have been disconnected"

other than that. Everything works fine for us who I intended to rent the server for. Just gotta create more missions! (:

And thank you for your help! And no more questions from me (:

Hi, Players may be getting disconnected when they join because they probably dont have the required build you have set, i would suggest that you have the build

number listed in your server's title as it will be the first thing a person sees before attempting to connect to your server.

Build version is also a beta as far as I understand and keep in mind that not everyone plays with the betas myself included.

Glad to hear everything is running as it should.