Sign in to follow this  
_qor

Make trigger fire on ground&air units

I want to make support available if one of 4 units are within the area of a trigger.

But two of those units are moving with aircraft. Unfortunately the trigger doesnt fire if those two are entering the area flying.

Landing within the area will make the trigger to fire.

How do I have to set the trigger up to make it firing on flying units?

Nope, it doesnt unfortunately!

Why does the trigger only checks the ground for boolean?

Found this and it seems to work...

Is there a way to tweek this into a script or trigger so that it only fires for the players above 50 altitude ?

Condition: found = false; {if (getPosATL _x select 2 > 50.0) then {found = true;};} forEach thisList; found;

On Act: hint "Someone detected above 50";

source:http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?100961-set-height-of-trigger&highlight=set+height+trigger

So I tried with:

found = false; {if (getPosATL _x select 2 > 10.0) then {found = true;};} forEach thisList; found; Pilot in thislist OR Medic in thislist;

But it still doesnt work when flying in height of more than 10 meters within the area of the trigger.

I guess there is something with the "forEach thisList"?!

Edited by _qoR

You can group a pilot with a trigger. Move the pilot into the driver position. If the pilot is present, it will trigger, even if he's in (the air) an aircraft. I have missions using that method. For example running a paradrop script when the pilot is in a trigger, or using joinSilent to group the pilots and a squad briefly. etc etc. So I do know that method works.

Strange, that didnt work for me. I will give it another try, thanks mate!

But apart from this, it is not possible to group more than one unit with the trigger, except they are in the same group. That is a big minus for that method, or is there a trick to group more units with the trigger?

Additionally, if you are the leader of the group, the editor ungroups the unit which gets grouped with the trigger!

Okay, you can use

_playerGrp = group player...

What is the work-around of all this?

Edited by _qoR

What is the size of the trigger, for it to have a chance of detecting an aircraft in flight it will have to be quite large. A trigger is only checked about once every 0.5 secs so a fast moving object may not be in the trigger area long enough to be detected.

yeah make sure trigger size is big enough, if you go thundering through a smaller trigger to fast, it wont work. Also, looks like you'd have to use multiple triggers and setting variables. For example group one group/aircraft to one trigger, with onact setting a variable to true. Repeat for the 2nd aircraft/trigger. Create a 3rd trigger with condition 'variable1 && variable2'. Or you could use 'variable1 || variable2' . Set the onact how you like it. ie; hint"plane(s) are in the trigger"

It comes to a stop at the point I have to group a group with the trigger ;) Doing so, the group of units isnt grouped anymore!