Sign in to follow this  
avibird 1

Can scripting errors in DESCRIPTION.EXT & INIT SQF file cause your game not to launch

Moderators I don't know which is the best thread for this post so please move where the most help will come from:confused:

I have been around for a while playing OFP/ARMA2. I still consider my self a novice when it comes to understanding the language of scripting but over the years have come to somewhat of a understanding how to change codes within a script and merge some scripts together for my missions. Recently I have been working on putting a demo script called US support V 1.5 into a few community missions like BTC Advance & Secure, patrol ops, war 4 front, mercenaries, domination, ZK's Battlezone ect This missions require a good amount of players to complete but since dayz arrival most open servers are playing dayz 24/7. Dayz is great mod and scripting masterpiece but NOT MY CUP OF TEA:mad: So the best way to play some of the community best coop missions with only a few players or alone on my own PC server is to add greats scripts that support a player. US support V 1.5 script is one of these scripts that allows you a fighting chance to complete some of the harder community made multiplayer missions.

Now to my problem. I am so frustrated at this point and I will not try to edit anymore scripts or try to write new codelines in fear of losing all of my ARMA2 OA files/missions. This has happened four times in the past few days when I was trying to edit scripts mostly in the DESCRIPTION.EXT and INIT SQF file. After trail and error putting the codes together and trying to put things in the wright spot sometimes (ok a lot of the times lol) when I F-UP something and try to start the mission I get a error message saying this and that ect if I fix it after 1 or 2 trails all is good but if it takes me more then three times then the game will not start and I got a message saying

ARMA2OA has stopped working-

a problem caused the game program to stop working correctly, windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

A little more information on the error.

Error: failed attempt to lunch program or document:

action:<users\avibird.AVIBIRD-PC\Downloads\system arma

Params:<-nonsplash-nopause-nofilepatching-world=empty>

the current thread will exit.

specifically: the system cannot find the file specified.

line#

8767:run,%arma2EXECUTION%,%ArmA2OAbaseDir%,,NewPID

I need to do a complete system restore to allow my ARMA2OA to work again. The funny thing is I have the combine operations and the ARMA2 portion of the game still runs/works:confused:

The only thing I can thing that could cause the issue is when I am editing the files I have the game up not the mission itself but the lobby browser is up on my PC.

Can this cause the issue and how can I fix this error when it happens without a complete system restore. At this point I do not want to cause this error in fear of not being able to start the game again with a system restore. How many times can you do this before the game says F you;) If need to do a ARMA2OA reinstall I would kill myself:(

Help help help yours truly Avibird.

Edited by AVIBIRD 1
my bad grammar lol

what making errors in the files (DESCRIPTION.EXT and INIT SQF file) or having the game running not the mission in the backround when working on editing the files?

If yes on just making errors on the files! What program will tell me I have errors before I try out the mission to see if things work right. Can you explain your YES(: