Sign in to follow this  
Antares

Medusa Camapaign

Hello, I want to describe to you the conquering of the island Medusa and the island Terminus. No, I will not write too much to read, so please read on.

I conquered the island Medusa by destroying the Central Command Building and rebuilding it. You have to know that Medusa is the key to a egoshooter sequence with Myrik. Well, I did not knew that, so as I started the construction phase with a walrus, I recalled it, docked it and programmed course to the next island on my intinerary, Terminus.

As the carrier began to move toward the position of Terminus, the island Medusa was still neutral, thanks to the timewarp, that changed soon, and Myrik took a Manta to land on Medusa (videosequence), as soon landed I have control, and I start to shoot myself a way to the inner complex to save an important person (I do not want spoil you who I mean). I forgot that in the background the carrier was itself on the way to Terminus. And it happend the strangest thing: My mission was cancelled for the conquest mission of Terminus.

Now, I know that maybe if I return the carrier to medusa and maybe then the mission with Myrik restarts again. But I wanted to write this down, before I try that. I am asking myself, if the program skips a whole mission with Myrik, while Myrik is inside a enemy infested complex, does that now mean, that Myrik dies ? Or he just waits in stasis until I am coming back ? Well ? LOL

For now that is all. Let`s see if I have the luck to restart the Myrik mission on Medusa. Lucky for me I saved before I was so rudely interrupted..... Have fun !

Edited by Antares

Hello again, I tried to return to Medusa, and I am impressed. As soon I approached the shores of the island, the cutscene with Myrik landing at designated coordinates restarts and I can save the "youknowwho" person. All in all very good. A very nice experience. Terminus wasn't a big challenge. Now I have to move further south, to the lava islands and find the torpedo.

By the way, the encounter with the enemy carrier were til now three, I managed to cripple it everytime, with my mantas and the support of the carrier. But Myrik is expressing himself a bit vage when the carrier "goes". So I am not sure, if the carrier escapes or if I did sink it and there is a bug. Sure the personality of Myrik is that of the veteran type, which does not talk much, a la clint eastwood. But a cutscene with a carrier either dissapearing in the fog or sinking couldn't have hurt.

All in all, great game.

The enemy carrier is needed later on, so you won't have destroyed it at this point.