Sign in to follow this  
pd3

Setting up Arma 2/CO via batch file command line (Problems)

After the ridiculous mess that resulted from updating arma 2/OA via: "you know what", I'm trying to figure out why the game is not running properly, and furthermore, why certain resources are not being used or acknowledged by the game.

When I attempt to manually enable addons via the expansions option, the load order seems completely borked.

I have

|-Official DLC

|_ Addons

|_More Addons

|_Etc

|_Arma 2

|_Operation Arrowhead.

Certain critical resources seem to refuse to load via this method, I cannot determine whether its CAA1, or Arma 2.

Either way, its completely unacceptable, the game has been completely F'ed since this has happened and I'm still reeling from it.

All the unnecessary changes just leave me with more questions than answers.

Currently, I've attempted to run everything via command line through a batch file

My set up looks like this:

arma2OA.exe -nosplash -mod=@CBA;Infantry_Armor;@caa1;@JSRS1.4;@SPECOPS;@avgani1.2;@lingor;@MJB;@RYD_HAC;@DAC;@SAP;@ASR_AI;@POOK;@duala

When I look at my load order in the expansion section it "seems" to appear fine except that instead of:

|-Arma 2

|-Combined Operations

|-DLC

|_Addons

etc.

It looks like this:

|-CA

|-Combined Operations

|-DLC

|_Addons

Its also giving me seemingly different errors now, that I believe are attributed to stock Arma 2 not being recognized within my current setup.

Can anyone tell me what I can do outside of manually enabling everything via expansion menu (which seems hamstrung at this point anyhow).

Ideally I'd like to just properly include everything via command line so that I can get back to full functionality.

I can provide a video of the errors I'm receiving for clarity if needed.

-Edit-

I'm starting to wonder what is the direct cause of all the strange loading issues I've been having, however I've determined that I can essentially fix the load order issues and effectively eliminate unloaded assets by tinkering with the _runA2CO.cmd file

So I'm assuming this is an exclusively steam issue?

If so I'll continue the discussion in the steam thread.

Currently the only problem I have now is that "Arma 2" is listed as a resource twice on the load order for all the game's assets, and I cannot figure out why.

That aside the game runs fine.

I'm only concerned that if I'm loading redundant assets, that I may be wasting RAM in the process.

Edited by Pd3

ArmA2OA.exe and in-game Mod lister changes stuff in the ARMA2OA.CFG

Example: E:\Data1\Users\Name.PC\Documents\ArmA 2\ARMA2OA.CFG

In there I used to have code like this;

class ModLauncherList
{
class Mod1
{
	dir="ca";
	name="Arma 2";
	origin="NOT FOUND";
};
class Mod2
{
	dir="baf";
	name="Arma 2: British Armed Forces";
	origin="GAME DIR";
	fullPath="E:\Data1\GamesW7\ArmA2\baf";
};
class Mod3
{
	dir="pmc";
	name="Arma 2: Private Military Company";
	origin="GAME DIR";
	fullPath="E:\Data1\GamesW7\ArmA2\pmc";
};
class Mod4
{
	dir="Expansion";
	name="Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead";
	origin="GAME DIR";
	fullPath="E:\Data1\GamesW7\ArmA2\Expansion";
};
};

Suggest you open and look.

Likely you can copy then delete the content and leave the normal DLC so it looks like;

class ModLauncherList
{
   class Mod1 
   { 
       dir="baf"; 
       name="Arma 2: British Armed Forces"; 
       origin="GAME DIR"; 
       fullPath="E:\Data1\GamesW7\ArmA2\baf"; 
   }; 
   class Mod2 
   { 
       dir="pmc"; 
       name="Arma 2: Private Military Company"; 
       origin="GAME DIR"; 
       fullPath="E:\Data1\GamesW7\ArmA2\pmc"; 
   };
   class Mod3
   {
       dir="Expansion";
       name="Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead";
       origin="GAME DIR";
       fullPath="E:\Data1\GamesW7\ArmA2\Expansion";
   };
};

then re-run the ArmA2OA.exe ONLY once, then recheck the file.

My advice: Use a community launcher tool. It will save you a lot of trouble.

;2245949']My advice: Use a community launcher tool. It will save you a lot of trouble.

Agree, but if his ARMA2OA.CFG is messed up, there'll likely still be problems.

The modlauncherlist section is only loaded when you specify no -mod parameter.

Well, strangely enough I had no entry for any stock BI assets at all in that config file.

They were all addons that I attempted to activate, but somehow ended up in a rather screwy load order with them always at the top, and ARMA 2 and OA always at the bottom, which is what I now believe to be the reason for some unloadable assets showing up in the editor for some islands.

I literally could not change the load order of OA or Arma 2 if I wanted to in the expansion section, they were locked in place.

I'm not sure how to configure the file you had specified as the BAF and PMC data for myself is all located in the common folder, I don't know if its simply redundant to specify the same folder for different DLC.

When I attempted to include the DLC and OA, however I received strange shader error messages which followed up with a failure to launch.

So, I'm still left scratching my head.

That forced update really did a number on my configuration, and I'm genuinely not interested in reinstalling, however that's for reasons outside this thread.

I personally always liked using the command line feature, and for the longest time prior to this, it worked just fine and dandy.

I honestly don't think a community made launcher can fix the issues I have at this point, and I'm still not entirely clear as to why they happened in the first place.

I do know that I can now run the _runA2CO.cmd file with my addon load order specified and it generally works fine.

The only problem is that, again, Arma 2 for some reason shows up twice in the expansion section in-game, and I'm not sure why.

Anyhow, thanks for the responses, I may just have to sit tight and hope that the people that f-ed this up will somehow release and update that might correct it again.

For the meantime, I do have a semi-workable solution.

EDIT

Nevermind, it stopped working again for some reason...

Oh, its because I wanted to add different criteria for the command line.

Does this mean if I want to use -maxVRAM-maxMem, etc I need to separate them with their own set of quotes? Because simply combining them with -mod seemed to prevent mods from loading.

Edited by Pd3

;2245970']The modlauncherlist section is only loaded when you specify no -mod parameter.

Hmmm ..... well I gotta disagree because that doesn't explain what I was seeing with launch problems with the likes of ACR

Does this mean if I want to use -maxVRAM-maxMem' date=' etc I need to separate them with their own set of quotes?[/quote']

!!

Is that even valid any more?

As kju said;

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?89731-ArmA-2-Game-Launcher

I honestly don't think a community made launcher can fix the issues I have at this point, and I'm still not entirely clear as to why they happened in the first place.

Not clear? Even more reason to try the Launcher.

For example, if it doesn't find the folder in the launcher list, maybe the mod IS stuffed.

I don't see how the Vanilla game can be "messed up", its more likely to be ONLY the mod folders.

ACR is not written to registry nor set as default mod in the dta\resouce.bin, aka not auto loaded.

So you need -mod for ACR (or activate it manually in the ingame expansions menu) to get loaded. Thats all.