Sign in to follow this  
_qor

Screen solution problem!

Hey there,

during holiday I was at home playing Arma II CO on my notebook screen. Now, back at university I plugged in my flat-screen which is a bit larger and has an aspect ratio of 16:10.

So when I play Arma on that flat-screen, I have troubles with choosing the right screen-solution.

With the notebook-screen I play with 1366x768 and had no problems at all regarding appearance/quality and performance!

But now, every solution I chose shows a more or less blurry picture and although I changed down the screen-resolution the performance drops!

And although the game seems to be pictured with the right aspect ratio (which I set to 16:10), the map isnt (its distorted).

Curiously, this problems doesnt come up with 1440x990!

I already used google and there are single scattered post with almost the same problem, but no solution for that at all!

I would appreciate your help!

thanks

What is the native resolution of your flat-screen, have you tried it (I guess yes, but in the doubt^^)? What's the brand/model of your screen?

That flat-screen is a Asus VW193D and its native resolution is 1440x990.

And yes ;) I tried this resolution and as posted above it is the only one which shows nice pictures!

But there have to be other smaller resolutions which should also fit, dont they?

I never have had troubles with the resolution in other games. So why Arma does?

Edited by _qoR

Try to change of display mode on the screen, it may helps, but not sure. For the resolution, you wanted to say 1440*900? Try to change the config too (effect, ppEffects, 3D resolution...)

Go to my docs on your computer and re-name your oa.cfg file; when you start the game again it will create a new one; if it goes tits-up rename your old file ; worth a try

Okay I found the reason!

When I changed the resolution in-game, the arma2oa.cfg seems only to save the the interface resolution but not the 3d resolution. This led to performance drops when 3d resolution was higher than the interface resolution and to a blurry appearance when lower.

After I adapted those values in the .cfg manually, I now can use all the resolution ingame without curious behavior of Arma2 =)

Guess sometimes it still has to adapt manually!

thanks for help dudes!

Edited by _qoR