Sign in to follow this  
Horner

Weird map issue.

So I'm making a simple map, terrain is flat, 2 second brush over in Wilbur, but I have an issue now. I have defined my textures in the layers config and all, now I imported the Sat map and MCO. I have this issue now.

http://i.imgur.com/W5tAy.jpg?1

It seems as though it has applied the satmap to be the texture, not what I want at all. My mask has the whole thing painted over in (0,255,0) RGB. But it still does this. It also does not create a "layers" folder in my data folder. I don't even know what's going on anymore......

Please help.

Anyone got an answer to this? It's really holding me up ;_;

Are you sure that something is actually wrong? The satmap is supposed to be the texture that you see from a distance. The mask colors are the textures in your data folder that appear when you are close up. What is your sat map supposed to look like?

You talk about "textures" but, as far as I can understand, you have only one color (RGB=0,255,0) painted in your mask, which means that your terrain is displaying just one ground texture and any other will remain undefined so you will see a black ground in those areas... saludos!

robster i have the same problem hence i have stopped building 2 of my islands nothing has changed since it was working,I only applied the 1.6 patch and redone the arma2ptool I thought it was the last patch that came out as belfast and waziristan was fine before.

My layers folder is pushed to p drive by visitor when i redo sat and mask where it used to load it into my project folder i have not changed where it looks for it i have tried moving the layers to where it should be but it still won't pack it.

when you go in game it says no layers are found and remains untextured

The thing is I've done this before with a sand texture and the actual SAND texture showed up that I defined in the layers.cfg. The whole map is only supposed to be one texture. My bad for adding an "s". The whole mask_lco was painted over in 0,255,0.

Also jakerod I just used a grass sat_lco from the terrain starter kit.

@Horner: You say that vis3 does not create layers folder which is not true methinks, otherwise you should be seeing all black, or all white or nothing at all in buldozer...

So, if you're not getting layers folder created -as you claim- it might be related to some wrong textures path in config parameters, or some mistake made in your folder arrangement (yourtagname/yourterrainname)...

Did you check your folder arrangement (source and data folder) ?

Did you check your config parameters (texture path) in visitor ?

Are your paths correct inside layers.cfg, config.cpp and rvmats file inside data folder?

Are you sure about your mask having just one color? you may use irfanview free image processing tool (open file and press I to know the exact amount of unique colors in your mask)

@SmokeDog3PARA(!): you just can't move layers folder... I've tried to point it at somewhere else but visitor place it into the textures folder according to path indicated in config parameters... these paths should match to those in layers.cfg (inside source folder), config.cpp (outside source folder) and rvmat files (located in data folder)...

Anyways, your issue might be related to BinPBO PE settings...

@ Robster i know how it should go as it was fine and working correctly before, I have been working on it for months i then took a break and when I went to work on it again it now does not work like it used to. see it working here

I have changed no paths from when it was working but like i said it now puts the layers folder outside my project folder this is my path for project preferences textures waziristan\wazir\data but it does not place it there all my paths are correct I have double and triple checked i have done a few islands now 6 in all but I have not come across this problem till now.

Also now i think about it a lot of my models that use animations are not being picked up either when binerised maybe I should do a new tool install

cheers for the help well strangely enough I went to sort it out and on import of sat and mask it now is putting them where they should go so i am back in the game I can't say how or why its fixed as i have not changed anything i checked the pdrive and no layers folder is there any more so cheers again for the help

Edited by SmokeDog3PARA

@Robster, I got the layers folder situated, and I spoke to Jakerod last night. I'm not creating this terrain anymore so I require no more assistance, thanks for the help though guys :cool: