Sign in to follow this  
Sven2157

[BUG REPORT] Rearmed( v1.06 ): Some Player Models CTD...

I think I may have found a bug with Rearmed and Arma 2 Free.

In the map editor, if you place an 'Empty' faction, Class 'USMC', Unit 'Men', and then one of the Squad Leaders, AT soldier or Rifleman, then preview the map, if you then try to get into one of the helicopters( TKOH: Medium or Light was tested ), the game CTD's( OpFor is the same ).

After several hours yesterday of removing Mods and testing, this problem was only replicated in the aforementioned scenario. It was also confirmed by another user.

The RPT file reported this:

Mods: Rearmed
Distribution: 1491
Version 1.06.97057
Fault address:  008F3184 01:004F2184 c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\take on helicopters\TakeOnH.exe
file:     [170]_TDM_Asian_Assault
world:    south_asia_h
Prev. code bytes: FF B6 BC 00 00 00 8B 4D 74 E8 E0 3C C3 FF 8B 00
Fault code bytes: 8B 00 6B C0 30 03 07 8D 4D F4 50 E8 8C 88 B5 FF

Registers:
EAX:00000000 EBX:00000000
ECX:705C6980 EDX:01C4BA30
ESI:8777F864 EDI:01C4C04C
CS:EIP:0023:008F3184
SS:ESP:002B:01C4B994  EBP:01C4BA0C
DS:002B  ES:002B  FS:0053  GS:002B
Flags:00010286
=======================================================

Upon further investigation, I noticed that this may have to do with some missing animations. Original TKOH player models, grab a hold of the side of the vehicle when entering the Medium and Light Helicopters. The game always freezes, with a black screen, at this exact point, in the enter animation; then CTD.

I assume since ArmA 2 is older than TKOH, these animations are not present in the assets introduced with the adjoined game, and when TKOH tried to call these and doesn't find them, it returns with the classic, "Does... ...not... ...compute..... <Kaboom>!".

thanks for the report. forwarded. :)

strangely this happens only for A2 only, not with OA or CO combined with TKOH

thanks for the report. forwarded. :)

strangely this happens only for A2 only, not with OA or CO combined with TKOH

No problem! :)

For the record though, I am using Rearmed with ArmA 2 Free, though the assets should be identical.

Also, I thought somewhere I saw something about/like:

showAnimation = 1;

I am going to further investigate, and see if I can disable these 'enterHelicopter' animations in a script, then add it to the Init line for these additional A2 soldiers.

Is this the proper forum for bug reports of this nature? I asked about one in the regular Troubleshooting forum weeks ago and have as yet gotten NO response.

I am tempted to repost the whole thing here, as I want to know if anyone else can confirm. However, I am not really thinking this is where they belong; this is only for issues related to tools (like visitor, etc).

Can anybody clarify?

Isn't the Mission Editor a BI Tool? :confused:

I posted it here, because I really didn't know where to post it, to be honest.

@dwringer

What issue(s) are you having?

Ah sorry, I suppose it is in a sense, haha. Anyway I was just more frustrated than anything, I personally don't care where anybody posts anything for the most part ;)

My issue just involves a crash around a certain area of the South Asia map when I zoom in on a particular region from a particular distance. I think it's a terrain LOD issue or something, but I haven't actually done a complete delete->reinstallation of the game (though I did with all the south_asia specific pbo's I could find) to see if that fixes it. Sorry to get in the way of your own thread, although if you do find time to load up that map and place an infantry unit down at one of the coordinates in here and it crashes I'd be interested in finding out so I know it's a legitimate bug and not something on my end.

Ah sorry, I suppose it is in a sense, haha. Anyway I was just more frustrated than anything, I personally don't care where anybody posts anything for the most part ;)

My issue just involves a crash around a certain area of the South Asia map when I zoom in on a particular region from a particular distance. I think it's a terrain LOD issue or something, but I haven't actually done a complete delete->reinstallation of the game (though I did with all the south_asia specific pbo's I could find) to see if that fixes it. Sorry to get in the way of your own thread, although if you do find time to load up that map and place an infantry unit down at one of the coordinates in here and it crashes I'd be interested in finding out so I know it's a legitimate bug and not something on my end.

No worries...

As a matter of fact, maybe we should just keep the 'weird' errors and crashes in this post. Kind of a 'Mission Building Log of Errors'. I will try your coordinates out and let you know....