Sign in to follow this  
deaths185

allied infantry?

i was just wondering if there is anytype of infantry usable in the game besides in the begining and if not they should totaly add infantry warfare into this game like have your carrier launch landing crafts that deploy a few squads of men or robots to the attack of the island or have a your walrus deploy troops to the field. becasue i noticed in the game that there are enemy infantry that attack you in this game but i never see allied infantry which is kinda weird and offbalance.

I think this would be good. havent played too much of the game yet "working on it" but if the devs dont add it "if its not already added" maybe someone can make a mod with this.

To quote another post of mine

Personally i'd like to be able to take those "drop pods" from the intro cinematic and the start of the campaign then port them into Arma 2 or Take on helicopters, Just because they're awesome :D

Thing is i have no idea how to do that at all.

It would also be quite cool if there was some mod where we could call in drop pods with 8 troops and land them on islands at a cost of a certain amount of materials, they could even be loaded with Ai soldiers that are on your side (since they already have some sort of fighting ai) would be like calling in ODST's or pelicans.. Space marines? :)

The second idea seems more "because it would be cool" then anything, unless they automatically try and hack the closest hackable building they land at, at which point "drop troops" would definately be useful as well as awesome looking. "but lets not forget enemy AA turrets" <-- or maybe add that silo type building seen in the campaign which has to be taken out before troops can be called in.

The thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?140366-What-would-you-like-to-be-able-to-mod-in-CCGM&p=2232593#post2232593

yes drop pods would be cool but didn't they only send a few men to go on this mission becasue the other troops providing reinforcements to other places so i don't think men would be able to be sent down for the drop pods unless it was in some type of dlc but they could use the robots because when u capature islands there are some defending the islands tehy could be produced on your island and sent to your ship from like a heli becasue there is a landing pad on the back of the ship right? and yes having them be AI would not a be a bad idea i like it!!!!!!