Sign in to follow this  
krytosss

.rtm and .p3d files? unpacking the DayZ Mod

I am trying to unlock the secrets of the DayZ .pbo in order to produce my machinima. I have two questions:

1) I want to pull some animations from DayZ. They have a "hatchet" in the game for melee. I unpacked the .pbo and found a melee_hatchet_swing.rtm file. Does anyone have any idea how to use this .rtm file to activate the animation in the editor? I only need it in the editor. Simply making a trigger to do activate it on someone would be fine. radio alpha makes "character1 switchmove "melee_hatchet_swing"

2) There are some skins of different characters available in the game. When I choose a "survivor" in the editor, he has a random chance to spawn with one of three different types of shirts. I want to lock it down so he stops changing shirts all the time.

To be specific, when I spawn this unit, I go:

F1 (units)

BLUFOR

PMC

Survivor

Is there code to lock down which shirt he spawns in? Is the .p3d file going to have information inside of it telling me what the name of his clothes are and how to set it?

Thank you all for your help! :)

Maybe you should try the DayZ forums.

Exactly. Also i doubt that Rocket does like it when people rip his work apart without asking for permission first, but that's another story.

-Closed-