Sign in to follow this  
hipperion

Bought TKOH on Steam. Can not find a way to patch it to 1.6 + install noisecontroller

As in topic.

I bought TKOH on Steam. It is my 5th game from BI studio (love em all).

I wanted to fly over Chernarus and also play with noiscontrollers chalanges.

Problem no.1

When i run the noisecontrollers update I get some error message saying it cannot find TKOH executable.

Problem no.2

My game is in version 1.5 although I read on the TKOH website that it should be updated automatically through steam. As I bought the game yesterday and the latest patch was published 4 days ago i expected to download the latest version but somehow i didn't

Please help! I need this updates! Otherwise the game is useless to me!

Steam should update TKOH to 1.06 eventually. Unfortunately it often takes a few days for Steam to catch up..

But... how is that even possible ?!?! It didn't say anything about this on TKOH website!!!!

What about noisecontrollers DLC ? I looked for it on steam a few moments ago and did not find it either ... and it was published in May !!!

Hm did you try to move the NC DLC installer directly in the TKOH folder?

Come to think of it, I don't have that DLC available either.

And to get the Hinds DLC to work, I had to manually go in and run an executable in its installer directory with administrator privileges.

Hopefully they get things sorted out soon. Especially in regards to that latest patch; they took down all the links to the beta downloads and closed the forum threads, so right now in effect Steam users are SOL.

Especially in regards to that latest patch; they took down all the links to the beta downloads and closed the forum threads

Where? At steam forums?

No; here... I mean, I came to this forum to try and get a copy of the beta patch so I could install it over my Steam version, but the download links have been removed and the thread itself has been closed. Thus, I can't post in it asking for a reversion.

The only choice is to wait for the Steam patch I suppose.

I actually tried to download the old version of Six Updater (the new one seems extremely limited in functionality?) and use it to download the patch but apparently I missed some files or something because I couldn't get it to run even making a shortcut for the beta .exe to run in the normal folder, etc. There was no actual 'Rearmed' folder, only "beta_toh", which honestly doesn't even match any of the instructions I found online verbatim.

But hey no big deal; just wanted to vent my concerns in the hopes that somebody might expedite the Steam process if everything possible isn't already being done.

:!

Thanks a lot, man. I guess I got so caught up with being indignant I didn't take the time to open my eyes and look around for a minute. Whoops :j:

I guess now most of my complaints are forced to rest with Steam itself, since I presume they're the ones dragging their behinds here ;p

I guess now most of my complaints are forced to rest with Steam itself, since I presume they're the ones dragging their behinds here ;p

Well not entirely true. I think that Bohemia Interactive should inform us before we give them our money that by buying this game from Steam platform we agree to be treated like second-class customers and that we will not be able to use all advertised game features right after purchase. Which unfortunately they did not.

hipperion, when developers release games on Steam, they have to follow Steam's rules. I'm sure Valve checks over each patch just like Sony or Microsoft would do if it were released on consoles.

hipperion, I remember having a similar issue with Noise Controllers. If you're running Windows 7 or Vista, make sure you run the Noise Controllers installer as an administrator. THat fixed the problem for me. Likewise, if you install Hinds, you need to run Steam as an administrator afterwards, because Hinds installs itself through Steam at the startup of ToH after already having been apparently downloaded and installed by Steam...it's really weird :S

If that doesn't work, have you set your Steam directory somewhere different than default?

As for the patch, I'm frustrated that it's taking so long too, but I know it's Steam's fault, not Bohemia's.

Just a little update for anyone still fretting over this on a Steam installation...

I had things running using the latest beta patch from the TOH Website, but since Rearmed files were not included, i had some pretty nasty multiple inheritances going on or something; i had the arma 2 interface and the toh interfaces superimposed upon one another in a screwy fashion, but MOST things were working okay.

Then I checked on the game hub in Steam, and someone finally posted that they'd installed the regular patch onto their Steam version without issues.

I did the same, and it has been working flawlessly ever since ;)

I don't recommend trying to run it through Steam again after this, at least until after Steam gets a chance to release the patch too, because it's hard to say if it might detect some files as corrupt or something. Still, it probably wouldn't even make much difference.

Anyway, good luck!

dwringer, I accidentally installed the manual patch on my Steam version of ToH (I forgot that I was now using my Steam version, lol), but I found that I only had OA showing up, not regular Arma 2. Have tyou had this problem? Maybe it's an unrelated issue?

Mattressi do you use -mod or the default loading from registry? If the later, it may be that your arma2 registry entry is missing/corrupted.

Mattressi do you use -mod or the default loading from registry? If the later, it may be that your arma2 registry entry is missing/corrupted.

I'm not sure; I uninstalled the patch (just used Steam's "verify cache" to do it), so I'm not sure what I was using. I remember that the installer never completed properly, though it said 100% done (but I couldn't exit) and no shortcut was generated, so I just clicked on the "launch ToH" option at the end of the install to check if it worked. When Steam brings the 1.06 patch out I'll check and see if it still happens.

Edit: If my Arma 2 registry was corrupted, how would I go about uncorrupting it? Just reinstall? Also, if my registry was corrupted, wouldn't that prevent me from playing online? I've played Day Z and Chernarus Life online perfectly fine. Or would I still be able to do that with a corrupt registry?

Edited by Mattressi

If you have steam, I think you need to launch arma2 at least once (with admin permissions) to get the registry entries written.

You could take a look yourself:

1 Start

2 Run

3 Regedit

4 Browse to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio

5 Check if there is an Arma 2 entry

I'm not sure; I uninstalled the patch (just used Steam's "verify cache" to do it), so I'm not sure what I was using. I remember that the installer never completed properly, though it said 100% done (but I couldn't exit) and no shortcut was generated, so I just clicked on the "launch ToH" option at the end of the install to check if it worked. When Steam brings the 1.06 patch out I'll check and see if it still happens.

IIRC, when I did the installation, the patch install got to around 100%, at which point it stayed there without exiting and launched the Rearmed installer in a separate window.

Once Rearmed finished installing, I was given the option to launch - which I took - at which point the game began loading itself. The Patch installer actually finished and let me Exit while TOH was actually loading, and not before.

It sounds to me like your installer never successfully launched the Rearmed installation - there should be two separate installers, and you're not really done until the second one finishes; the first one won't exit until then. Might be something to try as far as using admin privileges to install the downloaded patch, IDK. Could be something corrupt somewhere?

Edit: If my Arma 2 registry was corrupted, how would I go about uncorrupting it? Just reinstall? Also, if my registry was corrupted, wouldn't that prevent me from playing online? I've played Day Z and Chernarus Life online perfectly fine. Or would I still be able to do that with a corrupt registry?

The registry holds your key authentication information, so likely you would not have been able to play those. Arma 2 is usually quite finnicky about version checking. However, the intricacies of these programs' initializations and load orders are hardly trivial and can make you scratch your head for days :rolleyes: And anyway, I'm no expert on the subject - I can't really tell you here for sure but a clean reinstall running steam as administrator ought to take care of it.

If you have steam, I think you need to launch arma2 at least once (with admin permissions) to get the registry entries written.

You could take a look yourself:

1 Start

2 Run

3 Regedit

4 Browse to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Bohemia Interactive Studio

5 Check if there is an Arma 2 entry

Ok, I just did that now and I have an Arma 2 folder in there with a key in there. I guess that's good?

IIRC, when I did the installation, the patch install got to around 100%, at which point it stayed there without exiting and launched the Rearmed installer in a separate window.

Once Rearmed finished installing, I was given the option to launch - which I took - at which point the game began loading itself. The Patch installer actually finished and let me Exit while TOH was actually loading, and not before.

It sounds to me like your installer never successfully launched the Rearmed installation - there should be two separate installers, and you're not really done until the second one finishes; the first one won't exit until then. Might be something to try as far as using admin privileges to install the downloaded patch, IDK. Could be something corrupt somewhere?

Damn, that must be it. I definitely only had one installer come up, but I did get a launch option at one point.

The registry holds your key authentication information, so likely you would not have been able to play those. Arma 2 is usually quite finnicky about version checking. However, the intricacies of these programs' initializations and load orders are hardly trivial and can make you scratch your head for days :rolleyes: And anyway, I'm no expert on the subject - I can't really tell you here for sure but a clean reinstall running steam as administrator ought to take care of it.

I have ToH on Steam, though Arma 2 and OA are from Games Rocket (has its own installer), so I'm not sure if that affects it. Though, as you said, it sounds like the issue is that 1.06 installed, but Rearmed didn't.

Thanks for the help everyone :)

I just tried my steam copy and can't seem to access the new content... not sure if I'm doing it wrong?

I have verified gamecache

I have tried installers in rearmed & noise folders

I have launched OA and Arma II

When launching TKOH it says 1.06...

Under expansions I have activated Rearmed and Noise

When restarting it says rearmed and Noise.. in white at the main menu

yet I still have only the standard Time trials and only seem to be able to access asia and seattle.

Any idea's what I am doing wrong?

verify file integrity of each game (TOH, A2, OA)

then also make sure you ran once ARMA 2 and ARMA 2: OA via STEAM client before running TOH

make sure you start STEAM client via "run as administrator"

Thanks for the responses I have now:

Verified Arma II, Arma II OA and TKOH on all 3 one file failed to download and was acquired (occurs every time I do this)

Launched Arma II, Arma II OA and Combined operations from steam client.

Launched TKOH using the just the registry

And have access thanks very much for the help :)

Hi All,

I'm new to here. I have DVD version A2:CO and steam TKOH and Hinds. Does these two different version of game conflict in V1.06 Rearmed? Can anyones tell me how to solving these issue?

Edited by Heliman