Sign in to follow this  
malau

ACR Lite content doesn't appear

There are afew threads for the actual DLC, but none for the Lite demo......

I downloaded the official BIS lite patch and followed the prompt to run the game after it installed.

However there is no showcase demo I can see. It appears in Armoury but only as a small section of map.

I have real double-DVD Arma 2 CO and not the Steam version.

Is that all it is ? An Armoury demo ? I thought there would be a Showcase in Scenarios just like PMC ?

I am not sure I have this 100% correct but you have the Lite version, so you get all the units etc in lowres tex but you do not get any missions with it right. Also not the showcase?

I am not sure I have this 100% correct but you have the Lite version, so you get all the units etc in lowres tex but you do not get any missions with it right. Also not the showcase?

So, the use of low res units in the Armoury IS the extent of the demo ? I guess they must have had a small team working on it then, everyone else working on Arma 3 and DayZ.

It's more placeholder/compatibility patch than demo version, made so you won't be kicked out of server if someone use ACR content in his mission.

It's more placeholder/compatibility patch than demo version, made so you won't be kicked out of server if someone use ACR content in his mission.

Ah, thanks.

Does anyone know the actual size of the 2 new maps ? Are they the full 15x15km ? Or 5x5km ?

Unfortunately they are only small cut-outs of Chernerus with new foliage/textures + a very small island called bukovia

There are 2 summer style (green, green everywhere!) maps, and cut-out piece of Takistan

Bukovina is 4x4km, it's basically large airport/millitary base surrounded by villages and forests

Bystica is 8x8km Cherno-Elektro region of Chernarus, but it was remade to resemble a lot more Ústí nad Labem area of Czech Republic, which Chernarus was based on.

Takistan (cut-out) is simply 6x6km piece of Takistan with Feruz-Abad at North and Chak-Chak at South