Sign in to follow this  
ninjie

Need help with addAction and an ACE stretcher.

Hello there, I am working on a mission for my community and I have run into a bit of a wall.

Here is what I want to accomplish.

The scenario involves a wounded AI in an unconscious state lying on the ground. I want two player medics, with a stretcher, to place the stretcher by the wounded ai, wait there for about ten minutes(To simulate stabilizing the injured) and then have an add action appear that allows them to load the AI onto the stretcher.

I have a trigger set to activate once the medics are in proximity, but do not know the right way to go about setting it up. I would imagine it involves a "sleep 600;" command in there somewhere, but am not sure where to start.

Any advice is appreciated.

-Ninjie.

Personally I'd punch a mission developer in the face for making me stare at an AI for 10 minutes before I could get the heck out of there. Besides no one stabilizes the wounded before getting them on a stretcher, they put them on first, get them to the ambulance or medevac chopper then stabilize them. :) Well, their fireteam would have done some stabilizing, but that's not the medics with the stretchers doing that or waiting.

Can't use sleep in a timer, but you can use the Timeout/Countdown along with Min/Mid/Max fields to delay the trigger. I don't think you can delay the default ability to load an injured soldier in a stretcher though without a lot of workarounds.

Personally I'd rethink this idea from the start. Long periods of arbitrary waiting is bad game design. :)

Well, thank you for telling me you'd punch me in the face, and there is a need for this result, which is why I brought my question here. The goal is to have a squad forced to defend the wounded soldier while the medics work on him for ten minutes. That is the point of a certain part of the mission and as much as it does not make sense to you, it makes sense to me. I am merely asking for suggestions as to how to make it work, not personal opinions or passive/aggressive statements.

All I am looking for is a way to load an AI unit into a stretcher, but force a wait time of ten minutes. I would imagine it involves first deploying the stretcher, but would the stretcher have to be named so that the AI unit would have a destination for the "Addcargo" command? I am still tinkering, but have not quite figured it out.

Any additional advice on how to load an AI onto a stretcher that is placed by a player medic through the use of an addaction is greatly appreciated and I would gladly put my knowledge to use if it could help any of the members of this community.

Thank you in advance.

Doofy was working on a flight medical surgeon script. I believe he had placed units on stretchers:

unit on stretcher

Read through the whole thread for some ideas which might help with your addAction

maybe you can ask him for some advice, if he's still around...

Well...maybe not:

last post?

Regarding the ACE stretcher, you will want to ask that one in the ACE thread.

Here's some info before this one gets closed:

ace-stretchers info

Overview of use

ACE_stretcher

Edited by panther42

All I am looking for is a way to load an AI unit into a stretcher, but force a wait time of ten minutes. I would imagine it involves first deploying the stretcher, but would the stretcher have to be named so that the AI unit would have a destination for the "Addcargo" command? I am still tinkering, but have not quite figured it out.

Any additional advice on how to load an AI onto a stretcher that is placed by a player medic through the use of an addaction is greatly appreciated and I would gladly put my knowledge to use if it could help any of the members of this community.

You should able to load an AI onto it using the action commands build into the ACE stretcher. However it would be difficult to prevent those default commands from being available for 10 minutes. Best would be to not have any stretchers on the map then have your 10 min timer spawn one or add an action to the dead AI to spawn one.

Place your wounded AI with this in it's init field:

removeAllWeapons this; [this, 99999] call ace_blackoutAll;

That will knock him out for a while. Then pick up your stretcher from a vehicle or Other Weapons box or from your 10 minute timer. Walk over to the guy and Self Interaction and Place Stretcher. Then World Interaction on the guy and Drag. Then Action Menu to Load Guy Into Stretcher. Then Action Menu to Lift Stretcher. Have your friend do the same for the back and slowly walk away.

Excellent, thank you for the suggestions, I will look into them when I get home to night and will request more assistance if I get stumped.

Thank you.

Since it was tough to find, use this to give a player a stretcher:

unitName addWeapon "ACE_Stretcher";

Tons of examples of checking if or what kind of backpack a unit has, but no one ever says how to give one to a unit! :) (Note for OA bags it's addBackpack but for ACE it seems to be addWeapon.)