Sign in to follow this  
GuideZ

Append Name/Group/Clan to user

Is there any way to get a name to be automatically appended to a players name? For instance, I am part of clan "RatPack" on my server. When I join my server and in the global channel, I would like it to say "GeorgeSmith-Ratpack(Global): Hey guys!"

It'd be cool if there was something to add like colored arm bands to characters, like this squad thing does with logos on vehicles.

---------- Post added at 12:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

Mmm, Squad.xml seems to only work for some vehicles and such: Was hoping there would be something to actually alter the chat to not only have my name but something like, where george smith is my in-game name,: "GeorgeSmith-Admin: (Global) Hey guys!"

It'd be cool if there was something to add like colored arm bands to characters, like this squad thing does with logos on vehicles.

---------- Post added at 12:37 ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 ----------

Mmm, Squad.xml seems to only work for some vehicles and such: Was hoping there would be something to actually alter the chat to not only have my name but something like, where george smith is my in-game name,: "GeorgeSmith-Admin: (Global) Hey guys!"

If you set the group and such it will show, for example in game my name shows in chat as

1-1-A: Scarecrow [AAF]: Hi guys.

Some groups like Shacktac have multiple ones for each rank so every person has their own Picture and name depending on their rank so some will show as example

Beagle [sPC]: Hi guys.

Dslyexci [NCO]: Hi guys.

or

Rommel [FNG]: Hi guys.

But as said, you need mutiple squad.xml's to create this effect.

I dunno if all ArmA2 units have this but some units had clan tags atleast since ArmA1 (maybe even ofp?) .

See the "clan" selection here.

http://www.pixentral.com/pics/1zyLKvmcQEfO1TfuU1QSncF1m24J1.jpg

So it should work in theory allready, I never paid much attention on that though so I really have no idea. Well you could always just check the right arm of players who have a squad.xml :) .

I dunno if all ArmA2 units have this but some units had clan tags atleast since ArmA1 (maybe even ofp?) .

See the "clan" selection here.

http://www.pixentral.com/pics/1zyLKvmcQEfO1TfuU1QSncF1m24J1.jpg

So it should work in theory allready, I never paid much attention on that though so I really have no idea. Well you could always just check the right arm of players who have a squad.xml :) .

Yea they still do, Many units seem to stretch the logo though.

That's IF you are playing with the standard model I assume

That's IF you are playing with the standard model I assume

They're ussaly set on custom models too, i know all of Binkowski's addons have them set anyway.