Sign in to follow this  
Daller

How to play downloaded user missions... have read, but nothing working

Hello, I have searched extensively, but have not an answer to help me specifically. You will be able to tell by my question that I do not have an in depth knowledge of this sort of thing. I have downloaded User created missions, but have been unable to find them in Iron Front. I have extracted them and put them in the missions folder ( have tried User saved, saved and just mission, among others) but cannot find them in the game. They are SP missions and I have looked in both the editor (loading a map) and scenarios to no avail. When I extract them, they are .ifa file and I put them directly in the missions folder, however every other mission already there is in the form of its own folder, while my file's icon is that blank white piece of paper. I have come across Arma info that says something about pbo files, but I am not sure it applies here. Anyway, based on this info is there anyone who can give specific directions on how to play these user mission, assuming as you can see that I know very little of how to do this type of thing? Including where I place them, in what format (and how to get them there that way), as well as how I open it in the game. Basically a step by step.... please excuse my lack of knowledge.

Thanks, it much appreciated.

Daller - you are putting the missions in the wrong place! There are TWO types of mission folder;

1. User mission folders

c:\users\[windows username]\my documents\iron front\missions - this conatains all the single player missions you create in the editor.

c:\users\[windows username]\my documents\iron front\MPmissions - this conatains all the multiplayer missions you create in the editor.

2. Game mission folders

These are found where your game is installe. For example, my game is installed in i:\games\Iron Front so my missions are in;

i:\games\Iron Front\Missions - for single player missions

i:\games\Iron Front\MPMissions - for multiplayer missions

You should put the missions you download from the forums in the second place, i.e the game missions folder. You need to make sure also that you put it in the correct folder (multiplayer or singleplayer) - the forum post normally tells you if the missions is MP or SP.

Daller - you are putting the missions in the wrong place! There are TWO types of mission folder;

1. User mission folders

c:\users\[windows username]\my documents\iron front\missions - this conatains all the single player missions you create in the editor.

c:\users\[windows username]\my documents\iron front\MPmissions - this conatains all the multiplayer missions you create in the editor.

2. Game mission folders

These are found where your game is installe. For example, my game is installed in i:\games\Iron Front so my missions are in;

i:\games\Iron Front\Missions - for single player missions

i:\games\Iron Front\MPMissions - for multiplayer missions

You should put the missions you download from the forums in the second place, i.e the game missions folder. You need to make sure also that you put it in the correct folder (multiplayer or singleplayer) - the forum post normally tells you if the missions is MP or SP.

Thanks a lot. It can be intimidating not knowing this stuff b/c so many gamers have such an in depth knowledge of computers. Really appreciate your quick and helpful response.