Dutch

Rolling Thunder: Large-scale tank vs tank oriented PVP events

promo-web600.jpg

Rolling Thunder (since 2010) is a series of bi-monthly PVP events in which large scale tank oriented battles are simulated.

RT is for those who always wanted to participate in such an event, but never found the people to play together with, if not to play such a gametype in a more organized large scale environment.

The RT battles are standalone events. For each battle there are new registrations. This means that the battles are easy accessible and less demanding/time consuming for the players compared to the more common PVP community campaigns/series. The Rolling Thunder participants vary from infantry players looking for a break from their regular gameplay, armor gameplay newcomers to professional tank combat simulation gamers all with the aim to have tactical, teamwork orientated, well organized and enjoyable battles.

In these battles, tank company versus tank company operations are simulated. Both reinforced tank companies consist of a command element, three tank platoons (3 tanks per platoon), a recon section, a anti-tank section and a logistical element. The total number is 44 versus 44 players.

Key features:

• Large scale, stand-alone, tank v.s tank PVP battles

• Reconnaissance, AT and and other support units involved

• ACE supported

• Tactical and teamwork oriented

• Easy registration / participation (as a group or as an individual)

• For each single battle a different map, different sides and renewed player registrations

• Capture and Hold system

Come and take a look at the website to find out more!

Qq4O4Ip9IYY

Not able to view this video? Use the alternate link

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 AM ----------

rt8adweb.jpg

Info on the next event (battle #8):

Sides: Iranian Ground Forces vs U.S. Army

Date: August 29th 2012

Participant assembly time: 18:15 GMT

End of event: 21:00 GMT

Use this tool to calculate your timezone difference

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

Scenario (fictive):

May 23rd 2014, Iran

It has been two weeks since the coalition invasion.

During the last 72 hours, elements of the Iranian 6th Armored Division have been conducting a delaying defence, three hundred kilometres south of Estehan

The goal was to allow the U.S. 7th Cavalry Division to funnel and extend its course of attack, to be flanked and destroyed by other units of the 3rd Corps.

With two opposing tank companies in the first line about to face each other, we join the action..

Registration / slot reservation is required to be able to participate on this battle.

For those players / groups who want to ensure their spots, I recommend not to wait too long as a "first comes, first served" policy will be applied.

For all further info regarding game concept, registration, battle details, required addons, etc etc I refer to the website.

Edited by Dutch

rt9adsmall.jpg

Info on the next event (battle #9):

Sides: Chernarus Defence Force vs Soviet Army

Date: Wednesday 7th November

Participant assembly time: 19:15 GMT

End of event: 22:00 GMT

Be aware of the timezone shift this part of the year. Use this tool to calculate your timezone difference

Scenario (fictive):

April 5th 1985, Chernarus

As the Soviet expansion continues, more and more countries fall under it’s control.

Chernarus, a small country near the Black Sea, has recently begun reinforcing their positions on the southern border. Echo company, a subunit from 2nd Mech Brigade of the CDF, supported by U.S. scouts, was sent to reinforce the Vybor airfield region.

To the Southeast, armoured elements of the Soviet 5th Motor Rifle Division were moving out of their assembly areas towards the North. It was only a matter of hours until first contact would be made…

Registration / slot reservation is required to be able to participate on this battle.

For those players / groups who want to ensure their spots, I recommend not to wait too long as a "first comes, first served" policy will be applied.

For all further info regarding game concept, registration, battle details, required addons, etc etc I refer to the website.

rt10adsmall.jpg

Info on the next event (battle #10):

Sides: U.S. Army vs Russian Ground Forces

Date: Monday 10th December

Scenario (fictive):

Kazakhstan, 2017

During the last few years, the U.S. have been expanding their mining- and military operations from Afghanistan towards the North.

In order to secure their interest in the region, multiple bases were deployed in Uzbekistan and Tajikistan.

Russia, seeing this as a growing threat, has sent a division strong force into Kazakhstan, to send a physical message to the U.S.

In the morning of August 12, we join A-company,1st Tank Battalion of the U.S. 2nd HB Combat Team, as they respond to reports of an incoming armored force 20 miles from Camp Wilson.

It was only moments until they would make contact with their enemy, later to be identified as one of Russia’s finest, the Bear company of the 74th Guards from Novosibirsk...

Dear all,

With this message I would like to inform you of change of administration at Rolling Thunder.

As most of you already knew, I am stepping down as organizer.

The reason for this is that I do not have the time anymore to set up quality events.

It took a while to find a suitable successor, which is why you haven not heard from me / RT for a few months.

I would like to introduce you to Nemesi, who is now the new owner/organizer of Rolling Thunder. Nemesi has lots of experience in Arma MP organizing as clanleader of BDR and also as organizer of Arma Tactical Combat.

Nemesi is from now on your point of contact at RT and will be working on setting up RT #11 and further battles. Keep an eye on the RT website for updates.

Nemesi will make an introduction here, later on.

Thank you to all who participated in Rolling Thunder the last 2 years, it was a blast.

You might still see me on the virtual RT battlefield as a regular participant.

Best regards,

Eric Dutch

RT founder

Dear all,

As Dutch said, I am going to take his place as RT admin and organizer.

I am glad and honoured to carry on this project. I know it is not an easy task, but my commitment is to maintain the high standards for these events. My experience as Arma Tactical Combat main organizer as well as Rolling Thunder server host and as regular participant with my group (BDR) in the previous RT events will help with that.

My intention is to maintain the RT key features of accessibility to both newcomers and professional tankers, individuals and groups, participation and quality event organization. Rolling Thunder will of course continue to deal with Tanks, Teamwork, Simulation and Fun.

The format will be the one we know from the previous battles. The scenarios will be changing per event, as usual. Currently, I’m exploring some ideas. I do not have a date yet for the next event, but you will be informed timely as things proceed. Please keep an eye on the RT website.

For those who were connected to RT, I hope you all will continue your precious support to the Rolling Thunder community.

With best regards,

Nemesi

RT admin

th_rt11c_zpsb5310ad2.jpg

Info on the next event (battle #11):

Sides: U.S. Army vs Russian Ground Forces

Date: Wednesday September 11th

Participant assembly time: 18:15 GMT

Event start: 19:00 GMT

End of event: 21:00 GMT

Scenario (fictive):

Reshmaan province, somewhere between Iranian-Afghanistan border, September 2015

20 years before the events that culminated with the invasion of Turkey and some Greek Aegean islands by Iran, Tehran's aims were directed towards its eastern border, and in particular the neighboring countries Afghanistan and Pakistan, which much later would have fallen under its influence. The relations between these countries had always been controversial. Linked by cultural, religious and ethnic reasons they were divided by geopolitical interests. The tension was high particularly in the province of Rehesman, and culminated in a local conflict that rapidly expanded. The U.S. felt forced to intervene and Russia, which always had interests in the region, felt forced to act in turn. On the morning of September 11th, 2015, elements of the Russian 4th Guards "Kantemirovskaya" Tank Brigade made their first contact with elements of the U.S. 1st Armored Division. The observers at the time believed the battle of Reshmaan would have been decisive for the future stabilization of the region but that was just the beginning…

Edited by {BDR}*Nemesi*
resizing image

th_prova6_zpsa4c043aa.jpg

Info on the next Rolling Thunder event (Battle #12):

Rolling Thunder #12 will feature a ground engagement in Central Europe involving USMC vs Russian Ground Forces. The map used is Mondkalb's Celle2 map (Germany).

Sides: USMC vs Russian Ground Forces

Date: Tuesday December 3rd

Start of event: 20.00 GMT

As usual, registration / slot reservation is required to be able to participate on this battle.

Best regards

Nemesi

RT Admin

(Courtesy from Stuntman)

Info on the next Rolling Thunder event (Battle #13):

Rolling Thunder #13 will feature a Middle East ground engagement involving USA vs Syrian Army. The map used will be Reshmaan Province.

th_RT13-2_zpse10b9a97.jpg

Sides: USA vs Syrian Army

Date: Tuesday January 21st

Start of event: 20.00 GMT

As usual, registration / slot reservation is required to be able to participate on this battle.

Registrations are now OPEN.

Best regards and Happy 2014!

Nemesi

RT Admin

th_8b312ff0-1e33-486a-a649-478e9b615f0b_zps7f70ec98.jpg

I am happy to announce the next RT battle (#14) with some new features! The battle time is extended to three hours.

Date: Sunday March 9th

Backbriefing (PLs / AT leads, pilots only): 17:00 GMT

Participant assembly time: 17:00 GMT

Battle start: 18.00 GMT

End of event and debriefing: 21:00 GMT

TS Address: vs15.tserverhq.com:6247 no pw

Mission details and requirements will follow shortly (stay tuned).

TS3 supported version: do not upgrade above 3.0.12

Registrations for Rolling Thunder #14 will open on February 23rd at 18.00 GMT (see http://www.rollingthunder.unit19.org/news.php).

Best regards,

Nemesi

Rolling Thunder Admin

th_rt15_zpse08fa231.jpg

Rolling Thunder #15 will feature a fictive Central Europe ground engagement taking place in 2008 involving USMC vs Russian ground forces. The map used will be Chernarus. No extra addons will be required besides ACE and ACRE.

Registrations opening: June 8th, 17:00 GMT

Battle date: June 22th

Muster Time: 18:00 GMT

Battle start: 19:00 GMT

End of event and debriefing: 21:00 GMT

TS3: vs15.tserverhq.com:6247

Full details will come soon (check the website please).

I hope to see you all in the battle!

Best regards,

Nemesi

Rolling Thunder Admin