Sign in to follow this  
BlueWeasel

Best nvidia drivers for opf

I just got OPF over the last few days, and I have the following comments about it:

(1) Damn this game is hard!

(2) Damn this game is addicting!

I am currently running with the following system:

P3 1ghz@1.33ghz

512mb PC133

GF3 Ti200 with 23.12 drivers

Win2K Pro

The game currently runs fine on my system, but as you can see, my Nvidia drivers are a little old.

Has anyone noticed much of a difference with the latest Nvidia drivers?

I have a GF3 and the drivers get worse every time because of the many new features being added. If you want good framerates, stick with the one you have or maybe even try using older ones. If you want features with a performance hit, use the latest ones.

Thanks Ben....

I really have no reason to upgrade to new drivers, so I will just stick with the 23.12s for now.

actually the LATEST nvidia drivers gave me a 10 frame boost in ofp, i cant believe how much smoother it was.

im on Win XP

P3 850mhz (CRAP) (may upgrade to P3 1ghz)

geforce 3 ti500

640mb ram.

Resistance is futile tounge.gif

I'm not sure what you mean by the latest version, since that is such a vague term with NVIDIA, but I'm using V29.80 WHQL-certified drivers, and they are fine. No performance drop has been noted from earlier versions, including the official ones.

NVIDIA releases new beta Detonators to developers all the time, not to add features, but to fix bugs, improve performance, and to provide official support for new hardware.

WTF??? i only have the 29.42's certified ones.

i didnt know there was 29.80's?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ June 26 2002,09:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm not sure what you mean by the latest version, since that is such a vague term with NVIDIA, but I'm using V29.80 WHQL-certified drivers, and they are fine. No performance drop has been noted from earlier versions, including the official ones.<span id='postcolor'>

I downloaded 29.80, but antialiasing doesn't work anymore. sad.gif

I can't play OFP without antialiasing. I'll just stick with 29.42. smile.gif

Mister Frag,

I too didn't know about 29.80 I only have 29.60 where did you get yours?

Thanks

You can get the V29.80 Detonators for all operating systems on Guru3D. They also have the V29.80 Stereo Control Panel in case you have 3D glasses, and finally, they have a new version of RivaTuner that works with the V29.xx drivers and allows LOD Bias patching, has a Refresh Rate fix etc.

In any case, don't try the 28.32 (latest "official version" on NVidia site), they freeze OFP a few seconds within the game. Hopeless. I reverted to 27.50, which work fine...

E.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ June 26 2002,07:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ June 26 2002,09:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm not sure what you mean by the latest version, since that is such a vague term with NVIDIA, but I'm using V29.80 WHQL-certified drivers, and they are fine. No performance drop has been noted from earlier versions, including the official ones.<span id='postcolor'>

I downloaded 29.80, but antialiasing doesn't work anymore.  sad.gif

I can't play OFP without antialiasing. I'll just stick with 29.42. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Strange, FSAA still works for me using a GeForce3 Ti200 under Windows XP. I also did a search to see if there's a big uproar regarding non-functional FSAA with the V29.80 drivers, and haven't found anything.

What OS are you using?

Woah.

I installed the Win2K v.29.42 drivers (up from the v.28.32) about four days ago. OF worked fine until today (nothing else has been tweeked, upgraded or installed), when all I  get when I try to run it is an error message saying

CANNOT CREATE 3D DEVICE

ADAPTER 0 (NVIDIA GEFORCE3) FULLSCREEN

RESOLUTION 1024X768, FORMAT X8R8G8B8/D24S8, REFRESH 85HZ

ERROR E_OUT OF MEMORY

Out of memory! Memory is one thing I have plenty of.

The card has 64MB and my system has 512MB PC800.

There is only Nortons AV and Adaptec DirectCD running in my system tray and they have always been there with no problems.

Have tried re-installing the old v.28.32 drivers which I know worked fine, still get the same message. Tried adjusting the games resolution, colour depth, refresh rate, everything short of reinstalling the game, and still no joy.

Am D/L the 29.80 drivers to see if they fix the problem.

Other than that, anyone got a good solution? (apart from buying a Mac, which in itself creates more problems).

Damn, I don't know why I try to fix what ain't broken, it always goes pear shaped.