Sign in to follow this  
tkullander

Cold War Assault with ECP + SLX - error

Hi guys.

I am currently trying out OFP (or Cold War Assault as it is called today) on my old eeePC 900. It's running decently smooth, but i have a small problem...

I am running Cold War Assault 1.99, and have installed ECP 1.085e and SLX 1.093 successfully. Both mods run without problems.

When i am using the config for running both mods at the same time, everything starts, and seemingly works flawlessly, except for one thing. I get this error message in the main menu at times;

"Cannot load mission, missing addons: bis_resistance"

I have installed both mods by renaming ColdWarAssault.exe to FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe, and by removing \Res and \HWTL from the installer file in SLX (not \res_foliage though).

I am also using the included mod config in SLX, the one called @ECP+@SLX. My shortcut looks like this;

"C:\Games\Arma Cold War Assault\ColdWarAssault.exe" -nosplash -nomap -mod=@SLX;@ECP;@ECP+@SLX

If anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this, it would be much appreciated. I'm having a real hard time ignoring that error message! ;)

Also, keep in mind i am running this combo because the computer have very basic specs. For example, FFUR '85 have a much higher impact on performance. Therefore, if you would suggest other mods and stuff, keep the low-end specs in mind.

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

My shortcut looks like this;

"C:\Games\Arma Cold War Assault\ColdWarAssault.exe" -nosplash -nomap -mod=@SLX;@ECP;@ECP+@SLX

If I understand correctly you are trying to run mod configuration with 3 mod folders, each of those has its own config...

Basically you are trying to run mod configuration with 3 configs, aren't you?

Have you tried runing game with this shortcut configuration?

"C:\Games\Arma Cold War Assault\ColdWarAssault.exe" -nosplash -nomap -mod=@ECP+@SLX

Take care, Icarus

Have you tried runing game with this shortcut configuration?

"C:\Games\Arma Cold War Assault\ColdWarAssault.exe" -nosplash -nomap -mod=@ECP+@SLX

Thanks for the suggestion Icarus! However, i tried that shortcut but it won't even start the game.

If i understood the SLX readme correctly configs overwrites previous parameters and settings (if two configs have settings for the same parameters). Therefore, i first need to load both ECP and SLX, and the combined config in the end just makes them work together.

Anyhow, thanks for a quick answer. Take care you to.

hi,

Try to load your shortcut in different order

"C:\Games\Arma Cold War Assault\ColdWarAssault.exe" -nosplash -nomap -mod=@ECP;@SLX;@ECP+@SLX

For the bis_resistance error (very common error), I think it is related to island intro. Unpbo it and manually add "bis_weaponpack" and "bis_resistance" in mission.sqm.

class Mission
{
addOns[]=
{
	"bis_weaponpack",
	"bis_resistance"
};
addOnsAuto[]=
{
	"bis_resistance"
};

cya.