Sign in to follow this  
TheEngine

Unable to speak through ingame voice

Recently i have been unable to speak through the ingame voice, whenever i press Capslock to turn on the voice it works but does not transmit the sound to the rest of the server.

In other words i cannot speak to other people ingame.

if anyone could help it would be greatly apreciated and i thank you for your time

I've been having the same problem on the PR server (the only one I play online at the moment). I've checked my mic is working in TS3 and even did a LAN test in Arma and both VON (Capslock) and Direct Channel (`) activate and transmit OK in that but in PR they activate but no-one can hear me.

Perhaps a recent beta has broken it for us somehow?

One of the recent betas changed the VoN functionality - I believe it now uses the standard game port instead of a seperate one.

Perhaps this is causing some compatibility problems between different versions.

Well the changelog for 95660 says "[95654] Improved: VoN now uses the same port as the game traffic, should make VoN more reliable (less NAT issues)". Not really, it doesn't work anymore (if that is the cause)!

I'll roll back to 95417 and see if that fixes the problem. The RGG PR server says it's running 1.62.95251 but the beta download page goes 95248 then 95310.

I got the same problem.

atm, i do play without beta patch. which is annoying. :/

95251 is the server equivalent of 95248 client - 1.62 final patch.

Thanks. beginna's confirmed it's working OK with 95417 so I'll use that if it works for me, otherwise I'll try 95248.

First thing: I see that this is an old thread. But i have problem that this thread suits best.

On some servers, Namely UG takistan life and IronFists domination BAF, and some more that i dont remember, i can´t use ingame VOIP, when i press capslock the mic icon appears but people dont hear me speaking. It works ok in most of other servers, and on TS3 and in DAYZ but on theese 2 servers i cant speak. Trouble is that theese are my favorite servers.

I have Arma II and OA and all official DLCs via steam, I have latest betapatch, and iam using ACE ACEX and CBA but problem isnt related to non of these mods because problem persists even without these mods.

Can anyone help me? Has anyone solution? or Has anyone same problem?

First thing: I see that this is an old thread. But i have problem that this thread suits best.

On some servers, Namely UG takistan life and IronFists domination BAF, and some more that i dont remember, i can´t use ingame VOIP, when i press capslock the mic icon appears but people dont hear me speaking. It works ok in most of other servers, and on TS3 and in DAYZ but on theese 2 servers i cant speak. Trouble is that theese are my favorite servers.

I have Arma II and OA and all official DLCs via steam, I have latest betapatch, and iam using ACE ACEX and CBA but problem isnt related to non of these mods because problem persists even without these mods.

Can anyone help me? Has anyone solution? or Has anyone same problem?

Have you tried not using the beta? If the servers aren't running the beta and you are, I think VON doesn't work properly.

This may be unrelated but the latest version of Teamspeak, .13 I believe, breaks ACRE functionality. That may be your problem.

Have you tried not using the beta? If the servers aren't running the beta and you are, I think VON doesn't work properly.

Ill check that. Thank you.

This may be unrelated but the latest version of Teamspeak, .13 I believe, breaks ACRE functionality. That may be your problem.

Iam not using ACRE just ACE When i last time tried ACRE my FPS dropped rapidly for some reason.