Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 96061 (1.62 MP build)

Dwarden, could you please address the UAV issue? The hellfire missiles will not follow the gunners cursor or aimpoint.

Do you mean while a player is in the gunner seat of an Unmanned Air Vehicle or are AI driven UAVs not hitting what they are targeting or laser targets you setup for them?

Noticed that too, for a long time the AI spend their ammo now on empty vehicles sometimes (if not always). I shot driver and gunner from mg-offroad, that was only few 10m away, after that it shows red target circle over the car and my team-mates still keep shooting the empty car after moving 400m away from it. I hope this will be fixed again.

Edit: Made a hidden video of the bug. Also noticed that AI sniper keeps shooting the empty car even when ordered to hold fire. I only using addons: CBA, JSRS, ProjectCDF, Blastcore and RHSMOD in this, so I dont think those are causing it.

Edit2: I noticed also that instantly when you order your men to get in an abandoned enemy vehicle (tested on two insurgent mg-UAZs), nearby friendly soldiers (in this case ACR units), open fire at the vehicle until its destroyed. Weird things happening. :)

I think some time ago they changed things where a vehicle near to a group was seen as a threat, that's great but if the vehicle isn't moving and has no weapons and other units are firing at you I'd prefer they shot the armed units.

RPG units should engage the vehicle and the rest should engage soldiers first.

The worst situation is when there is an AI in the vehicle but the AI can't hit him the bullets can pass through the window hitting nothing. I've seen units waste all their ammo doing this.