Sign in to follow this  
Tozzifan

( helicopter ) " engine off " not working

Hello,

first, I'm sorry for missing any result searching, because I'm quite sure this topic may may have been cited dozens of times .... :) , since the beginning

I could not complete (attack) helicopter (AH64, Cobra) single missions (i.e. Death from Above), because the "engine off" command won't work, and it looks like there is no key assignment available: the helos shut down only exiting the vehicle (when available)

even setting helicopter missions in the Editor, the issue is always reproduced

I've tried disabling my addons (CBA; Warmod), with no results

so I'm out of options and asking for suggestions,

thanks

Edited by Tozzifan

You can try getting out of it when you land. You can try seeing if there is a button that you can use to shut off the engine and it is also normally found in the action menu so using your mouse wheel to select it should work.

conversely to other helo missions, by rolling the mouse wheel (it happens also in editor, setting a simple one player-one helo scenario) I don't get any " get out " choice

I'm sorry in case I've been misunderstood: I see the " engine off ", listed with other commands displayed by mouse wheel, yet, conversely to all those commands, neither the pressing of the wheel or mouse left-click activate the command

conversely to other helo missions, by rolling the mouse wheel (it happens also in editor, setting a simple one player-one helo scenario) I don't get any " get out " choice

I'm sorry in case I've been misunderstood: I see the " engine off ", listed with other commands displayed by mouse wheel, yet, conversely to all those commands, neither the pressing of the wheel or mouse left-click activate the command

Not sure why that would be. You do have to not be hitting Q. I would just try to land don't touch anything. use the mouse wheel and select it. It has always worked for me.