Sign in to follow this  
JuggernautOfWar

Too many mods for shortcut target directory?

When recently launching my game after adding Blastcore Visuals and Blastcore Tracers I noticed something very wrong. I checked the target line in the shortcut and sure enough, the last few mods and -nosplash are cut off. I'm using Spirited Machine's ArmA II Launcher to create the shortcut. Is there any way to get around this aside from scrapping the shortcut altogether and just using the launcher?

Preferably what I'd like to do is copy/paste the "parameters" in the launcher (basically the target line) into the Steam launch options field. Would this allow me to launch all my mods and everything through Steam?

If you don't switch between mods, you can launch the game with no mods, and add them in-game. It'll be saved next time you launch the game.

Ps. don't forget bd_tracerlight, which makes tracers light up the ground. :)

If you don't switch between mods, you can launch the game with no mods, and add them in-game. It'll be saved next time you launch the game.

Ps. don't forget bd_tracerlight, which makes tracers light up the ground. :)

Thanks I'll give that a try.

Do you have a link to bd_tracerlight? That sounds awesome but I can't seem to find it under Addons - Released.

You can use a .bat file instead of a shortcut. e.g SIX updater creates a bat file when creating a shortcut (In the Run Updater action menu), if the target line will be too big, and a normal shortcut otherwise.

Thank you Sickboy. Sadly I have no idea how to create a .bat file and apply it in this way.

Thank you Sickboy. Sadly I have no idea how to create a .bat file and apply it in this way.

You could just use Six Updater as a launcher. :)

Otherwise just make a batch file. Create a text file with your full startup line in it. Then rename it "co.bat" instead of "New Document Text.txt".