Sign in to follow this  
LaMOi

Wwii mod already?!

Man I love OP so much but man I need a WWII scenerio!

When that WWII mod comin out if ever?!

Bohemia Hear me YOU need to do a WWII MOD please! It would complete the experience!

I thinks Ive been watchin 2many WWII DOC's on TV....

+ There needs to b a VIETNAM MOD...

+ When is the next OP UPGRADE COMIN OUT?

First: calm down man.

Second: I don't think BIS will do a WWII mod since the original game is set in Cold War...and by the way we see the first official add-on (Red Hammer) and now the second one (Resistance)...they won't get away much from that period.

So you'll have to wait for an unoficial WWII mod.

Third: Resistance should get out soon, the 28 if i'm right.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LaMOi @ June 24 2002,22:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Man I love OP so much but man I need a WWII scenerio!

When that WWII mod comin out if ever?!

Bohemia Hear me YOU need to do a WWII MOD please! It would complete the experience!

I thinks Ive been watchin 2many WWII DOC's on TV....

+ There needs to b a VIETNAM MOD...

+ When is the next OP UPGRADE COMIN OUT?<span id='postcolor'>

Dude if you bothered to look around first before posting you would find that there are a TON of Vietnam and WWII addons made. Just make your own missions with those addons and the map editor. It's not that hard. Using scripts and stuff (like for camera scripts) takes some learning but there are tons of tutorials and excellent scripts out there that aren't hard to use or to modify.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Where R these mods? gimme gimme! But I'm a novice really my editor levels hav no complicated scripting-- just wicked level design and loads of men for that massive battle EXP..

The way things are going BIS will probably not release WWII or Vietnam OFP campaigns.

Dont worry though as has allready been said OFP is a modders paradise. There are several modding teams producing campaigns in these wars and I suppose eventualy whole wars.

Wrpedit means that omaha beach is being produced and I suppose all the others will be produced. There are several jungle islands allready produced and so vietnam and all the pacific wars are well served.

I think also that any future versions of OFP will be able to import those islands and addons and any sensable OFP copiers will take OFP addons as standard and be able to import them.

I think the future is very rosie. You only question should be: in what area of the OFP will I make my contribution to what is a great community?

Welcome to the OFP community LaMOi smile.gif

I just noticed that your into big battles if so you need to look here.

Saint Marie Hill 90+ soldiers to command

I will be updating this mission soon but play it to see what its like in a BIG Battle make sure you get the latest version by going to the zip in my last post to the thread.

Take notice of what I and others say about in game saving.

If your interested in building big missions. I am a member of a new modding team who will be looking for mission designers.

You will get access to a new tool in mission design if your realy interested pm me. wink.gif

Regards walker

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LaMOi @ June 24 2002,23:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Where R these mods? gimme gimme! But I'm a novice really my editor levels hav no complicated scripting-- just wicked level design and loads of men for that massive battle EXP..<span id='postcolor'>

Most of the WWII addons can be found at:

http://www.foxypro.dk/add1.htm

Because most people miss the second page (the "other" addons section on that page) which has the German soldiers, the URL to that is at:

http://www.foxypro.dk/regiment9.htm

From the WWII addons on those two pages alone, you can make some kick-ass WWII missions.  

Also to stay updated on the latest addons check occasionally at:

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?newlang=eng

Have fun!

smile.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (hugo2020 @ June 25 2002,19:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">thats a WWII Mod http://www.invasion1944.de/ too, and very nice!<span id='postcolor'>

Yes but they have NO addons. I hate looking at lots of great screenshots but then having not a single addon to check out. sad.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

All mainstream mods should be getting help from BI as they were the first to get the SDK kits as far as I can remember, so its just a matter of time, but hopefully a few will be out by the end of the year, if not Battlefield 1944 looks pretty good as well